1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

This is a joke right? The roster and Harden took the team to where it is now. Even a team like this with no coach would have gotten this far. All Mchale did was put Harden in, and hope for the best.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

For sure man, its a blessing that Harden averages 48min per game without letting up

:rolleyes:

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We go from a top 5 to 26th offensive team without Harden on the floor. It's all Harden.

4. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

You have to hit the rim on an intentional free throw miss.

5. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I guess I'll have to stop calling McHale inappropriate names...

But that doesn't mean I don't respect him.

I hate he has no fire in his eyes, in his mouth, or his body language.

I want to see him bench someone during a game for making a mistake and putting a rookie in.

I want him yelling at players and just showing his players that he has an urgency to want to win....

6. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

yes, it is all Harden. why the **** yo give credit to Mcfail/?

7. dmoneybangbang

And? Offense is one part of the game, give credit to the coaches for putting a good defense (overall) on the floor. Despite our untimely losses to the Spurs, we are 7-3 in the last 10 games. Give credit to the organization for staying more than competitive as we suffered many injuries and loss of 2 rotation players.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Not only that, the whole staying out of bounds thing is idiotic too.

https://turnernbahangtime.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/2014-15-nba-rule-book.pdf

LOL

dylan, you are no longer in my top 5

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

McHale needs to get over his NO ROOKIE policy and trot out McDaniels and Johnson to provide some athleticism on the defensive end at the point position. Terry and Prigs are going to get abused in the playoffs by every other playoff PG

10. Mr. Dominant

If I got a dollar for every time I've said that... I'd be richhhhhhhhhhhh.

Seriously tho... McHale needs to start doing that. It's really pissing me off because we all know what he's going to do... he's going to throw Nick and KJ in the fire, and they'll do terrible, and then McHale will be like well I gave you a chance but you didn't do well, so back to the bench.

I want to see a lot of KJ and Nick randomly throughout the game vs Utah and Charlotte...

We played Troy too late last year, and I don't want that happening with KJ or Nick this year...

:(

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He is not a college caliber coach let alone an NBA caliber coach. Still can't believe we have this chump and extension. What a colossal fail.

12. Mr. Dominant

Fixed.

13. dylan0023

dylan0023 Member

That is not a rule of the NBA!

Where did you get your opinion?
    That is not a rule of the NBA!
    Who told you that??

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Leslie Alexander wants to undo his mistakes by firing JVG prematurely and letting Adelman just walk away.

But extending McHale to 2 or 3 years is not the best of ideas and a way to do it.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

James Harden will need to average 26 - 28 ppg in order for us to win in the first round, it's all on him.

16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

He needs to do it efficiently instead of chucking 30 shots for it.

The problem with McHale is he has no plays to get us easy baskets. Our offensive sets are so basic, players are sitting in corners and there's no off-ball movement. Harden and Prigioni are the only players that can dribble the ball to setup shots, but nobody respects Prigioni to make a layup. Our passing is predictable.

I expect us to watch more of the same ugly basketball in the playoffs. It will be excruciatingly painful to watch but I'll still support my Rockets.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

It's amazing to me that people can watch a whole injury riddled season and really believe we have no set plays and that McHale literally does nothing but clap his hands, say play harder and rely on Harden to save his ass.

Truly amazing.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Our fans are dumb.

19. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

It goes way beyond dumb. Check out the usual Coach McHale bashers in the game thread...way beyond dumb.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't even like McHale and I agree with you. I don't think he's a great coach, but he's somewhere around the "good" cut. It absolutely kills me when people get bent that the tv cameras catch him saying work harder or something like that and just assume that's all he does.