1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Maybe McHale is to blame ultimately but the fact is Smith cannot shoot free throws along with pretty much every other big in a Rockets uniform.

McHale didn't have much of a chance to get him out of the game once the hacking started unless they were willing to take a foul on the other end to stop the clock.

But the alarming thing is how the Rockets consistently fade towards to the end of every season. Kind of points towards manufacturing wins based on style. Adding more talent always helps but the continual flame outs to finish the season are a concern.

Also teams performance in the last month of the season is a good indicator for past playoff success. That's a fact.

So yeah I'm concerned and if the Rockts lose in the first round it's still possible for the anti McHale folks that they get their wish especially if Thibideau is available.

But last night can't ALL be on McHale. A 30 year old PF who wants to chuck up threes for a living who still can't shoot free throws??? It's pretty sad.

2. roidrage

roidrage Member

This guy lacks passion that's the number one reason I want him gone..He said he doesn't even look at the standings SMH

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Starting to jump on this wagon..... I respect coach but last night was just disastrous. Why keep Smith for so long. These minute restrictions thing is stupid

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Not his job to pay attention to the standing and lack passion? Idk about that, moron yes but nah

5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I do not think you should use "If" here. The rockets are very likely going to lose the first round at current seed. I am not an anti McHale folk, but I start to hate our GM and Les for playing political game to let this weak coach to have this job for too long when all world know that he is just not good.

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Ummmmm nah

7. roidrage

roidrage Member

Look at his mannerism. .His same stupid unpassionate post game interviews..He honestly looks like he is in a hurry to get home and go to bed..One thing that stifled me is he said he does not pay attention to standings!!! RED FLAG

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

LMAO, LOFs sticking around & trying too hard to troll

9. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

I've long been on the Fire McHale bandwagon, but I hate to burst your bubble but most coaches will probably say that they aren't paying attention to the standings either. The usual coach-speak is that "we just gotta worry about ourselves, improving ourselves, and everything else will take care of itself"

So not really a "RED FLAG"
    In game adjustments and strategies on the other hand.....

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Given the Rockets record over the past month, I would say there is substantial evidence that a first round exit is highly likely.

That being said, it hasn't happened yet so I reserve the right to hold judgement.

I believe the Rockets are better off with Morey than without. I'm not blaming him for anything because we are only where we are on the foot of the door knocking in contention because of his plan. However we won't need to campaign for or against Morey as fans. If he doesn't lock up better support for Harden then he's going to want out of Houston at some point and his fate lies there.

So we just have to wait and see before we start chopping heads for the sake of wanting blood.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets could end up at 5th seed playing Portland with homecourt. Rockets shouldn't be scared of no team. The only team that is stopping the Houston Rockets is the Houston Rockets. Make more free throws and commit less turnovers there is no team they will not beat. Every team has weaknesses the issue is the rockets are the worst playoff team in the west at exploiting the opposing teams weaknesses while letting their weaknesses get severely exposed... which goes back to Mchale.

1 person likes this.
  12. Rockets Win

Rockets Win Rookie

Mcfail

Our biggest weakness is Mcfail!!! An idiot!!!

#10773 Rockets Win, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2019
  13. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

As I've said from day 1, it all comes down to whether McHale can dissect the opposing teams mismatches like Poppovich does and win games despite not having the same type of athleticism or young age or IQ as the opposing team.

Once McHale learns how to play rookies that can help, or even guys in certain situations that other people would think a risk, McHale won't win anything. And until then, if we do win anything, it'll only be because of talent (Harden) and not because of actual coaching.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Those of you anti-McHalers need not worry. Play harder, stay in front of your man is going to take us deep into the playoffs You watch. We don't need no stinkin in game strategery.

1 person likes this.
  15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You still don't understand that "play harder" and "hustle" are the only thing they are allowed to show on TV?

16. dylan0023

dylan0023 Member

IF McHALE HAD HALF A BRAIN

TOOO bad McHale, never played any CHESS or was a Point Guard or even had an Offensive Coach who is not STUPID....

In the 2-Spurs games.

1. We should have lobber endlessly to Howard and Jones especially when we
    got down and at the end of each quarter and the end of the game for the
    WIN....

2. With the Spurs intention fouling;
    Whether the Rocket Player hit the first shot or not the player should
    just have thrown the ball, like a baseball above the square and it would
    have bounced passed the free-throw line and we had 3-players and the
    Spurs would of had only 2-players back there.

THIS SHOULD BE OUR PLAY EVERY TIME THESE 25% SHOOTERS COME
    TO THE LINE, FOR EVER

17. Rockets Fan Trapped In MN

Rockets Fan Trapped In MN Contributing Member

This is literally (and I'm not exaggerating here) the STUPIDEST thing I have ever read on this board. Completely asinine. Not even close.

18. dmoneybangbang

Not surprising the folks who can't accept reality and constantly feel the need to blame someone or something are running their mouths.

Van Gundy, Adelman, or Mchale it's the same crap and complaints from different people. The coach is the easiest one to blame.

19. dmoneybangbang

Stop comparing any coach to Pop, he's clearly a once in a generation basketball mind and has coached circles around the best.

I think with the wake over the increasing injuries in the NBA, player management will be more important. It seems our last 3 coaches had the old school mind set about minutes.

20. dmoneybangbang

Bless his heart.