1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

They like girlfirends, you make something bad they treat you like hell and forget the other 99.9% you done good.

Selective criticism.

They like Barkley, a team have a bad game defensibly, they are the worst defensive team in the NBA, a team play a good game they are my pick for wining the championship.

2. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Guys Mchale was forced to rely on two rookies and start two bench players tonight in a back to back game on the road. Give him a break. We looked tired and played crappy defense as a team. As many games as we have won at the last second, I will give Mchale a mulligan on this one.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

My only complaint with McHale so far this season is his inability to rest certain players . Harden needs about 2-3 games before the playoffs where he plays in the low 20's if not get the night off completely. It is obvious that despite Capela looking OK he should not have finished the game because of how lost he was on defensive rotations. Nick Johnson had 5 fouls and is a bricklayer from 3 . There is a reason why those two have spent much of the year in the DLeague. We are down 3 big bodies and on the second night of a back to back . Our 2 good points are 37 years old. On paper this is a game where we should have been swept out the building. We made it close because of the play of James Trevor and brewer. The other players had some nice moments and helped us keep it close too . However it was clear after halftime harden was out of gas and despite a desperate push in the mid third we couldn't pry open a lead.

So much of the game is unknown to me in terms of X's and O's ... And let's be honest the strategy at the highest level of the game is foreign to anyone that hasn't coached at least college basketball. But one thing that was very obvious is that our rotational defense was in shambles tonight . While josh and Capela look to be capable weak side shot blockers neither of them is a strong positional defender . When you take out Dwight and dmo who are by far our best big man defenders a lot of cracks are going to open up . The whole scheme probably changes to mitigate this and openings are created
    Elsewhere. Also because of their limited athleticism , Terry and Prigioni play defense in a different style than Bev . There are a lot of X's and O's that need to be adjusted while we are dealing with injury and keep in mind that two of the players are rookies so they are not going to be comfortable with the scheme .

In all ... We just need to get healthy . McHale has achieved a lot of wins this season I just hope that he can find a way to rest up players . The worst thing that can happen is to make a desperate push for seeding and by doing so drain the energy out of your team so that you will lose no matter who you play . When in reality I think the team is good enough , that if rested and healthy, we can beat anyone .

1 person likes this.
  4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Capela gave a good effort on the boards and some outstanding finishes around the rim. He should definitely get Joey's minutes

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

McHale reminds me of Rick Barnes (who Texas just fired this week).

The Rockets need to out-talent other teams to win games, because there's no way this team will ever out-strategize, out-X's/O's, or out-coach another team.

Thankfully, we have one of the most talented offensive players in the game and plenty of talented defensive role players around him. Obviously we win this game if we had our talented front court in there.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No, he shouldn't, yet. There were more rebounds that Capela lost because of bad positioning and/or lack of strength. Dorsey is no world beater and I'm no where near his biggest fan but he still needs to be the one getting the bulk of the back=up minutes behind Dwight. I hope Capela is able to be on the active roster for the playoffs, though. I think there are times and situations where he could be useful.

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Capela vs. Dorsey

Better Rebounder - Dorsey
    Better Finisher - Clint
    Better Rim Protector - Clint
    Higher Bball IQ - Dorsey
    Better Free Throw Shooter - Clint slight margin
    Potential - Clint by a wide margin

To be honest neither will smell 1 minute in the playoffs if everyone is healthy. Lol!

8. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Why is this even a thread?

Now that I know what I know, look who made it. Dude is a mavs fan. Nice job CF

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

its the regular season and he's done a good job thus far. My final verdict lies in the postseason.

10. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Great post. 2 thumbs up. 10/10. Will read again. :)

11. dylan0023

dylan0023 Member

We are losing games because of McHale

We are losing games because of McHale!

I agree with many other post McHale should be in PR!!! NOT A COACH

How many games has he rested Hardin.. WAY TO LONG only to lose the game!!

Ariza should have been guarding DeRossen the whole game, not Harden as it weakened his game.

Where was Cappella in the 4th quarter he proved he could play.

McHale has kept Harden from winning the Scoring Title!!!!!!!!

By keeping him on the bench so much, instead of 2 minutes rest at a time, he leaves him on the bench or 6-8 minutes and he gets cold like any player.

Yes harden has great games, but need that extra 5 points at the end of the game to win the SCORING TITLE....as Westbrook makes sure he scores his points whether the team wins or loses.

MchALE COULD CARE LESS, AS HIS HEAD IS IN THE CLOUDS
    WHEN IT COMES TO COACHING!!!!!!!!!

12. errpac

errpac Member

McHale should sit Dwight out for the kings games and have him for the mavs game. Though there's a good chance we can lose the kings game without d12. Mavs is a potential playoff team, beating them will give us confidence if we meet them in the playoffs. But then again if we lose to Dallas in our last matchup this season its better if we lose to then without d12 then with d12 in terms of giving then confidence. Same goes with winning if we beat them it's even better if we beat them without d12. Hard choice, I bet McHale plays it safe ands have d12 for the kings game, though I think he should do the other way around.

13. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Really nice first post...one that we will all remember for a long time...especially the brilliant assertion that McHale has kept Harden from winning the scoring title.

Only thing is Harden is playing an average of 3 more minutes per game than Westbrook...so how do you figure that = McHale keeping Harden from winning a scoring title? LOL

14. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

of all the nights this thread isnt bumped...

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Notice that it was bumped by someone who doesn't even want Mchale fired.

16. dmoneybangbang

It happens, but let's not pretend this thread gets bumped more often after loss by someone who refers to the head coach as McFAIL.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Yet another terrible game from McHale.

I have zero faith in his coaching abilities come playoff time

18. 90dmswo

90dmswo Member

not impressed. I still remember how lack of effective inbound plays at the last minute cost us a series against portland last season. Fortunately Harden is successful in shoving the ball down the rim but it is unclear how this thing will last especially given the minutes he is playing everynight

19. robinjaswal23

robinjaswal23 Member

He cant make in game adjustments, doesn't call plays, doesn't know how to utilize players' strengths, doesn't hold players accountable, calls a timeout AFTER the opposing team goes on a 12-0 run and many more..( Whatever You Can Think Of) .....The Mchale Era was supposed to be for the mediocre team.. now with a championship caliber team we need a championship type coach!

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Doesn't utilize players strengths?? On a team that leads the league in injured players, runs out about 47 different starting line-ups, finds a different guy every night to supplement Harden, and still has 51 wins?? You're ridiculously myopic, and unappreciative. How sad that our fans are so entitled and spoiled.