1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah keeping Jones and Motie, with Smith is dumb.

Howards going to ge at least 30+ mins when he comes back, Dmo is gonna get 25+, Smith 20+ which barely leaves Jones with 20 minutes maximum and thats with squeezing minutes away from Dmo and Smith.

We really should of dealed Jones or Motie for a point.

2. cyberx

cyberx Member

Waiting on Dwight before any decisions are made.

Rockets are trying discussing using him as a defensive anchor only.

If/when he comes back - look for him to have more of an Asik role. (or Rodman)

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This is EXACTLY what he should be doing. He needs to quit with the constant post ups, those should go to DMo, If he buys into being a dunk and D type player we could become a dark horse contender.

4. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That would be awesome.

5. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

Decisions on what?

6. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

If he could be Houston's Tyson Chandler worried only of rebounding and defense Houston as a shot this year!!! I hope Howard buys in!

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Just because the trade deadline is over doesn't mean that all FO movement stops. There may be players potentially getting bought out that are relevant, such as D-Will.

8. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

No ****ing way... That would be bigger than any trade Morey could have made. They get the best defensive player in the game and they don't have to waste 10+ possessions a game trying post him up? Sign me the up.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

I just wish he would stop trying to be something he isn't. He's a defensive rock and a PnR destroyer. He is not Shaq in the low post.

Everything will work fine if he commits to being the old Dwight stylistically. I could even see Smith moving into the starting lineup to help with ball movement (and believe it or not........shooting).

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What decisions?

11. ImG

ImG Member

Gonna guess its probably on the future waiver / released players.

1 person likes this.
  12. a711

a711 Member

While I agree with you, you're wrong about 'old Dwight'.

SVG used to post him up all the time. It's a myth he wasn't in the post in ORL.

One advantage he had there was people knew how to get him the ball in the post effectively

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

And he agreed to that??

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Now that I've chewed on it a bit, I wonder if moving Smith into the starting lineup might be worth another try. We are having real problems out of the gate with ball movement, and ultimately we will be forced to put Prigioni or Smith in with the starters. Prigioni as a starter doesn't make much sense, but Smith could.

Start Smith.
    Sub him out for DMo at the 6 minute mark.
    Bring him back at the beginning of the 2nd to run with Prigioni, Terry, Brewer, and TJones.

15. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Houston may not have players who can effectively get him the ball in the post but then again he doesn't get great position either. The reason he was able to get great position in Orlando was because he was healthy. If you look at him trying to get position down low now he relies on his upper body thus all the fouls they call on him. If he would use his legs to move guys out the way he could easily get great position but he's not Orlando healthy. dont think all the blame can be on the passers, he gets the ball too far from the basket and puts the ball on the floor and its stolen a lot.

16. PeppermintCandy

Dorsey is the only one with a "cut-friendly" contract, relatively, but unless it's for a real defensive upgrade at the 4/5 position, I don't see it happening.

I get the feeling that they really like Nick Johnson. Or at least they feel they can get something substantial in return for him in the future.

As for the others, I doubt the Rockets are willing to waive them, talent-wise or contract-wise.

If they were serious about adding someone to the roster after the deadline, I'm sure they would've opened up a roster spot by trading away a dude for future picks etc.

17. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

I wish McHale would look to tweak the line up a little but do you think he will actually do it? I think your thought process is right! But I can't see him doin it! I hope I'm wrong!

18. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Ok. I don't know this team like I used to or its players. But I see talk of who could get cut? Why not Kostas P. Is there something I am missing with him? This is the only garaunteed year of his contract right? Is he a talent waiting to come out?

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am not opposed to starting Smith at the 4, but please don't try and make him a playmaker. An occasional pass or two after he penetrates and kicks out is ok, anything more and he will commit a lot of turnovers.

Prigioni is an old player, but he is far safer with the ball. We have no other choice apart from starting him at the 1 spot.

20. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

What is this "hockey" you speak of?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.