1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Buying] Fantasy Draft Kit?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Kate81, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I'm looking to buy a draft kit, that comes with the drafting board and stickers with the players name on it.

Does anyone here have any experience of buying this sort of thing online?

Just looking for a recommendation, I've looked around some sites, but I'm not sure which one is worth buying.

Like this for example: http://www.commishkitstore.com/draftboards.html

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Dont buy one!!

Dont waste your money trust me!

I'll help you draft football, I've gotten top 3 finishes in all my leagues in Yahoo in like 20 leagues in football!

3. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I'm shopping for one because I might need it for my in person draft league.

4. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I wouldn't buy one imo.

Here, try this website, you can download a draft kit:

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/draft-kit

Tell me if that's what you are looking for, or if you are actually looking to buy one?

5. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

I think what the OP is looking for is a draft board for draft night.

Personally I've never tried this, but it's probably cheaper to just hook up a laptop to a TV and do the live draft that way instead of buying a draft board. Of course I'm assuming the draft is taking place at someones house or at least in a place where you have access to set everything up.

6. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Oh gotcha.

At my friends house, we usually just do it on a sheet of paper, we draft our players, and then he gets online and adds them onto the roster of each team.

7. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Yeah, thats exactly how we did it the past couple of years... just trying to have a board this year, so everyone can see who is going on what team...

Cause there is always those dudes saying "hey was player x taken yet?" because that person wasn't paying attention and crossing off names as we went.

And also a board looks kind of cool and organized.

8. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Thanks for this link anyways, can never have enough information.

9. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Most of those online draft kits are being updated every few days. You can even see info on that one where McNabb is on the Vikes or Kolb on the Cards. So keep checking back as the preseason goes on.

Personally I am looking forward to Ochocinco moving up the receiver lists. Not because I want him, but he might get ranked above players I do want increasing the likelihood that I can get them.

10. Kate81

Kate81 Member

In person draft kit, a board with stickers...

Like this! http://www.fjfantasy.com/

11. KyleBombardier

KyleBombardier New Member

Reviving an old thread

According to Forbes.com, fantasy football is one of the fastest growing industries in the US.

I stumbled upon this post and wanted to share the website that I have used when looking for a fantasy football draft board. A few years ago, we would hook a computer up to a projector and run the draft by using Microsoft excel. After watching The League, we decided to buy a draft board with player labels, and we haven't gone back since! It's a pretty fun experience, I would highly recommend trying it if you can get the entire league in one room.

My favorite website is, http://fantasyfootballdraftboard.net but there are many others out there. Good luck!

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Very old thread.

But, we did ours @ Buffalo Wild Wings for the last season. They provided the stickers and board.

13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i did this at bww a few years ago. got some cool coasters and some free tshirts as well.