1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. 713

713 Member

2. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I said the exact same thing last night on the Twitter...an absolute shame that (when the match was announced) either DB or Rollins will have to put Reigns over before going on to WM with Lesnar waiting. Now that we know it's gonna be Bryan vs Reigns, I REALLY want DB to win because I would expect an entertaining and exciting matchup with Lesnar vs DB (much more than Reigns)

3. Beavis Stiffler

LOL at Triple H's joke on #CancelNFLNetwork. It was trending on twitter last night.

[​IMG]

4. Beavis Stiffler

5. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r5gJvNV8lh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

That spear and that podcast were both no holding back awesomeness.

It's really easy to make mistakes when your booking a global wrestling show with a huge vastness in age and taste. And really Reigns was the top face (outside of Cena who was in the title match) up until Bryan returned. I can see the decision to put him over at the time. But with the backlash, I don't think he's even going to get a shot too prove himself. It's just as easy too shift gears with what is happening now and I think that's the shift at Fastlane.

I do think Reigns is far more gifted in the ring than he's getting due and that with 2 months for Heyman, Triple H & whatever hall of fame road agents they put on the match. It would be a fantastic match. I do however wanna see it as a four way elimination match with Bryan & Rollins (walking out champ)

Reigns loses at Fastlane and turns angry, bitter heel and goes rogue on everyone until he gets back what he wants.

7. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

You might be the only wrestling fan over 10 that thinks this. The dude is almost unwatchable in a singles match. I have no idea what you're watching.

8. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

in his singles match with the big show it was cringe-worthy. after his 3rd turnbuckle clothesline it was almost as if he didn't know what else to do.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It's really not his fault. For 2 years all he ever did was come in off a hot tag and do his 2 or 3 spots. You can never learn how to wrestle if you don't get to actually wrestle. They even hotshot him though NXT.

Now he's having to go through that awkward learning stage. Most guys do that on the Indie scene, or in developmental. He's doing it on the f**king main event stage.

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

No I'm not the only one who thinks that. And he's been a big part of several matches ranked in the top 10's of 2014 by even the most pretentious wrestling smart mark writer/assholes

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yes, he was a part of great matches. In the same way a long snapper is a part of great football games.

Rollins and Ambrose did all of the work in the Shield matches, he came in at the end, did a few cools moves and got the pin. Watch a few of their matches, they almost always play out that exact same way.

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

To be fair, Show's in-ring performance doesn't make anyone look good. He did make that spear look good, but still took it awkwardly.

13. Progs

Progs Member

Reigns was awful in last year's Summerslam match against Orton. The crowd started cheering for Orton even though he was heel because it was clear as day that he carried Reigns throughout that entire match.

14. VanityHalfBlack

You don't know wrestling until you've seen this, you're welcome:

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x2e027x" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2e027x_njpw-wrestle-kingdom-9-part-1_creation" target="_blank">NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9 Part 1</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/fireswerve" target="_blank">fireswerve</a></i>

1 person likes this.
  15. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XnoN4Y3FEc0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

16. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Not true, Reign was not the top babyface while Bryan was gone. If you watch the show Ambrose was more over as a babyface than Reigns was.

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'm really not so sure. Triple H said Reigns was the #2 money pit guy behind Cena. I'm more sold on Ambrose and Im sure most people are age are as well but it's a company with a vast difference in age and a demographic of 6-10 yr olds that are more into theatrics than skillset

18. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

HHH said, when? On Austin's podcast? Just watch the shows, fans were not into Reigns and when he came back from injury the fans were not behind him and Ambrose was the babyface breaking out with Rollins as the heel. Besides, do you expect HHH a part of creative not talk up Reigns?

What is the b.s about different demographics and how one likes theatrics and the other skillset, this issue has NOTHING to do with that. Nothing what so ever. Listen to the crowds.

It doesn't matter what fan base the guy is in front of, the fans were not buying him. It wasn't and isn't as if the crowds are 50/50.

Those older fans WERE into Reigns, were being past tense.

19. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Obviously they are buying him, he's one of the biggest $$$ guys. And outside of Philadelphia, Reigns has gotten better reception. I still think he can be a top guy and I don't fault him for the direction the decision makers went. I don't even fault the decision at the time. They book shows with what people want. That's the reason Cena has stayed at the top. No one comes close to selling that many shirts, etc. But I'm sure it's just easy to critize booking when you arent the one weighing through every possible option through countless meetings and ideas being weighed out.

And yes, demographics has EVERYTHING to do with booking. They want the 8yr old kid as satisfied as the 30 yr old.

It's not very hard to take angles in a completely different direction either. It's Obviously with Bryan coming back he's impossible to ignore and I think they are writing into the title match with Lesnar and probably Rollins. It's what the fans want. It's what they'll give them.

20. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

And I love Ambrose but Bray Wyatt was getting just as much pop during that program