1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis is Player-of-the-Week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jan 16, 2001.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Now if we can just make Team of the Week.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thank goodness I caught this... I was about to embarrass myself with another post on the topic [​IMG]

<a href="http://www.nba.com/news/pow_010116.html">Francis named NBA's Player of the Week</a>

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

[This message has been edited by Clutch (edited January 16, 2001).]

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think one of the amazing things about this is that Steve was not shooting the ball perticularly well, but he stayed agressive and managed to avg 23 point.

And averaging over 9 assists 9 boards 2.6 steals and 2 BLOCKS! He was definitely playing out of his mind. Damn near averaging a triple double and then some.

The scary thing for the opposition is that I don't think we have seen Steves best ball yet!

------------------

4. wink3

wink3 Member

Hopefully this should help the coaches around the league take notice before all-star weekend. Because he really deserves a spot.

------------------
    "Cuttino is all heart, and no brain. It just occurs to me that he is the Scare Crow from the Wizard of Oz."- a wise observation from Dadakota

5. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

Finally Steve is getting some respect. Now I hope he can make the All-Star team as a reserve. Just wish we could put together some more wins to help solidfy his spot on the roster.

Also btw, I called this on saturday.....
    http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/010444.html

------------------
    Rockets Season
    Ticket Holder

6. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Espn caught Francis abruptly having to stop and cure the rejuvenated testostorone that occassionaly seeps up in him, again, after victorys. Francis was in the weight room, benching, seconds after the game, all while still wearing his game pin-stripes.

This kid yearns for victory!

Francis for MVP!

------------------

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited January 17, 2001).]