1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

waive / trade UNlikely

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jamma34, Jan 17, 2001.

1. jamma34

jamma34 Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/news/2001/01/16/olajuwon_trade_ap/
    for brevity's sake ill just post the hilights:

Houston general manager Carroll Dawson said Tuesday it is unlikely and improbable that Hakeem Olajuwon will be traded or waived.

"I don't like the idea of trading him," Dawson told The Associated Press. "We have talked about it a couple of times over the last month."

"For me personally, I'm against it. I was fortunate to coach the big men for this team for 17 years. I just can't ever see him in another uniform. It's just what he's done for this franchise, what he's done for me, what he's done for Rudy (Tomjanovich), for everyone," Dawson said. "Our main focus right now is just to try to get him well and back on the court."

Dawson said a trade wasn't impossible. "It's not likely and it's not probable," he said. "You have to think how many players it would take in the middle of a season to equal $16.5 million." he said. "It would be a major problem."

Dawson said he expected Olajuwon to complete his career with the Rockets.

A meeting Olajuwon had planned with Rockets owner Les Alexander on Tuesday was postponed. The newspaper said sources told it Olajuwon didn't plan to ask to be moved.

underlying message im seeing, loyalty, they are appreciative of everything dream has done, and want him to get the proper send off and retirement.

------------------
    people who are related dont have to look alike. my mom and dad dont resemble each other at all

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Good. Let him finish his career a Rocket. And let us have our cap space at the end of the year.

------------------
    SUCK POLICE!!!!!!

To point out individuals or teams that have managed to reach the pinnacle of SUCKINESS!!!!!
    -----
    THE VIKINGS SUCK BIG TIME!