1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Opinion!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigboymumu, Jan 17, 2001.

1. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Let me start by saying that I appreciate Olajuwon as much any other fan. He is my favorite player. However, this is definately his fault. The guy has gone too far. His actions is well calculated " I just want what is best for the team", if that is the case then why ask for a trade. Why not keep quiet and allow things to work out. Hell, we might even make the playoffs and then his role would even be more important.
    I remember back in the old days when Olajuwon would complain to the media. Then I remember him saying that Pippen was wrong, he should not of taken the trade demands public. Well, it is time too see if this man is as classy as we think he is. I fear this becoming another Pippen fiasco. The only thing this does is make the organization look bad. (This does not help with free agents)
    Remember we did not trade Olajuwon to Toronto even though it would of made us a better team. THE ROCKETS HAVE BEEN VERY LOYAL TO THIS MAN. SOMETIMES EVEN SUPERSTARS MUST SACRIFICE.(I know he wants to play two more years but he really needs to retire and not tarnish his legacy) THE ROCKETS PLANNED ON HIM RETIRING LIKE HE SAID AND NOW HE DOES NOT WANT TO RETIRE. LOOK, LEAVE WITH YOUR PRIDE. I DO NOT SEE THE PASSION ANYMORE IN HIS GAME. I DO NOT FEEL HE GIVES 100% ANYMORE(maybe I am wrong) THIS SITUATION IS IN OLAJUWONS HANDS. HE IS IN THE DRIVERS SEAT AND IF THINGS GO WRONG I WILL BLAME HIM AND NOT THE ROCKETS ORGANIZATION.
    I could only imagine how he feels. I would hate to lose my reign as being the MAN but I guess that is part of life.

------------------
    Fuggetabout it