1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Miracles Boys33, Nov 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

define being an *******, that is like the vaguest thing ever. The way someone comes off as being creepy/acceptable depends on like so many factors, and probably varies even more greatly in different cultures and countries.

How exactly do you teach someone on how to be "respectful" and not be an *******. Minus the extreme stalking/ following the woman or yelling vulgar things at her, there's a lot of things that can be said to a girl that can be interpreted 1000 different ways depending on age, self confidence, attractivness of the woman, attractiveness of the man, upbringing, previous experience of getting mugged, self confidence of the woman, how the man is dressed, who the woman is around, etc. etc. etc.

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Don't know what he's talking about. Dudes say hello to dudes all the time, at least from my experience. Also there was a video of a guy doing this and he received cat calls from other guys just as well, just not straight guys. He also received cat calls from women.

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

You should probably read it again.
    As others have said before, it is not just "hello" that is said.
    Guys don't say hello to other guys ALL THE TIME from my experience. One might acknowledge the other with a nod or a "whassup" or a "how's it going" but nothing further/nothing else most of the time.
    Read the other lines the guys using the hashtag wrote. That's the kind of stuff guys say to the women they catcall(but in less man to man terms). The issue is with the guys that go past Hello.

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Advice read but not taken into consideration. Thanks.
    I'm going to keep speaking for the women in my life. Feel free to not do the same until you have a daughter that becomes a teenager and encounters such behavior.

Do you breh.
    /convo

6. coolbluemoon

coolbluemoon Member

[youtube]V4UWxlVvT1A[/youtube]

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I did read it, and there is still a video out there with an attractive guy getting cat calls from other guys too.

With that said, the video of the OP still has basic hellos and how are yous in there.

The only issue is to ignore people that say rude things. That's the best anyone can do. Not every man that catcalls is about to rape a woman, they are just being rude and annoying.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Best post in this thread.... I read all of them.

What a crap video anyways. A woman dressed for attention, then got it. Most of said attention was respectful. Guys are expected to make the first move. Women actually call us weak or "less than a man" for not making the first move AND get mad when they don't get any attention. That said, I don't justify calling women "baby, sweetie, etc" or following them when first meeting them, but a simple "how are you doing" is VERY respectable. I've met plenty women walking on the streets with cat calling. They aren't low class or less respectable because they welcomed the attention, they're just living life. What it really comes down to is whether they like you... your attractiveness, how tight your conversation is, etc.

Regardless, if that's all that happened in 10 hours of walking through busy NYC, they need to stop the sob story. Women don't wear tight clothes because it's comfortable. They do it to feel sexy and get attention. Maybe they're so used to wearing it or you're so used to seeing it it seems like normal clothes. I've had this conversation before with women. They played innocent at first, but eventually came around. Go out in public and notice what women wear. Unless they're in uniform (i.e. nurse scrubs) or not in they're in their menstrual years, 9/10 they'll wear something revealing or form fitting. They're not wrong for doing it, but they are doing it... by free choice. Again, this doesn't justify disrespectful attention, but most of that video was innocent. It's a damn shame what is considered harassment nowadays.