1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Should I" Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Lil Pun, Sep 2, 2009.

1. WallofYao

WallofYao Member

I've got Doug Martin, Reggie Bush, Chris Ivory, and Darren Sproles. I'm not sure who to start but I'm leaning towards Ivory and Sproles. Martin is just a risk to play and Bush doesn't look like he is getting enough touches. Plus he has a bum knee :(.

What do y'all think?? (Also not PPR)

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I know a defense question, :rolleyes:, but this one is pretty critical to a W this week.

Chargers vs Seattle or Chiefs @ Denver

Also I have the option of dropping KC for N.O. defense but that means week 10 when they play the Lions I'll have to play them, cause I'm not dropping them.

There's an add/drop/trade limit (20) so I'd rather use those available for backup skill players if need be.

3. 713

713 Member

Yes save your transactions. Between those two defenses, I would start San Diego. The Chiefs just lost 2 key defensive starters in Derrick Johnson and Mike Devito....Their also going against Peyton Fking Manning on the road. No Brainer to me. Start SD and don't look back.

I know it might sound odd but don't ever plan who to start/sit defenses beyond 3 weeks because defenses are very unpredictable year to year. Wait out till Week 4-5 to to make your move on a defense.

4. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Just my opinion, but KC having a good defense seems like it was YEARS AGO...I actually think New Orleans could finish the year with a much improved defense. I'd pick up NO and stick it out with them, especially considering their offense is going to put TONS of pressure on opposing offenses to keep up, which will allow the defense to "pin their ears back" quite often.

5. primtim24

I wouldn't touch that deal. Aside from Doug Martin's game against Oakland a few years ago, he's been consistently average. Right now in that 4 man deal the best 2 players are the players he wants you to give up, I wouldn't touch that deal.

6. primtim24

Agree 110%, Kendall Wright has been a target monster, especially against that terrible cowboys team. I go wright, and don't think twice about it.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Thanks for the advice pt.

I know what you mean and I usually take this approach to my roster in normal leagues. But this league is a bit tricky due to the fact that we have roster limitations (in this case I must keep 2 defenses on my roster) and now I'm dealing with the newly imposed transaction limit.

Also thanks for the advice 713. But I might end up dropping KC for the two reasons you mentioned. I was already considering it when those two defensive players went down so I'll jist go ahead an pick up NO.

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Pick 2

Rashad jennings, Michael Floyd, Kendall wright, deandre hopkins

9. 713

713 Member

Floyd and Wright have better matchups.

Giants/Cowboys secondary are non existent. Jennings has a tough matchup with Cards D and the Giants oline looked horrendous on MNF.

Do you trust the Texans offense and Fitzpatrick at home let alone on the road? Floyd and Wright are better WR options then Deandre this year.

1 person likes this.
  10. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Chris Ivory or Terrance West?

11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Or Bradshaw. PPR

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If it is a full point ppr I would go Bradshaw. He will 4-5 points from catches alone.

13. primtim24

I'd go with Floyd and Wright. Rashad needs some better help through the air, and DeAndre needs to show that game wasn't a one hit wonder.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have a dilemma. PPR.

My 3 drafted RB's are all questionable AND have tough matchups. Ellington/Gerhart/Lacy. I picked up Forsett but he plays tonight. If I don't play Forsett tonight and 2 of my RB's do not play I'll be screwed come Sunday.

2RB & WR spots. 1 flex. I'm 3-deep at WR so I only need 2 RB's healthy.

Forsett I like in PPR but I feel like they want Pierce to be the guy for now and Thursday games produce trash in general.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think you should play Ellington no matter what in PPR. Roll with Forsett tonight and hope he's involved in the passing game.

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

To me, Forsett is worth the start. I'd worry about decision between Ellington & Lacy on Sunday.

17. primtim24

I 2nd this. Ellington and Forsett, even if everyone is "cleared to play", I roll with those 2.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Is Forsett worth starting tonight?

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man, surprised at the collective Forsett over Lacy support.

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

+1

I'm even surprised you guys have Forsett over Gerhart.