1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Female Roommate Advice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Downtown Sniper, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Downplay the flowers ASAP. Act like you send them to all women you know.

Why did you do that? Sending flowers in this situation wreaks of pathetic desperation. This will be tough to recover from but if you sell yourself as a nice but not terribly sincere guy (because you send flowers to all women in your life) you might salvage this.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

You can diffuse the situation next by getting her a box of Russell Stover chocolates from the corner store.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Genius!

He could send them to the other roommates work place and pay off the flourist to date delivery for two days ago and have them apologize for being late.

4. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Man that girl is cray you don't need that headache. She probably tought you were different and now she is in "Men are all the same" mode.

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The flowers weren't some sort of way to make her like me.. It was to get myself in the friendzone ("oh he remembered the flowers I bought the other day and made a joke out of that" etc etc)

There was no desperation of any kind.

Initially when I moved in, I thought the girl on the right was more attractive.

But personality wise (first couple of weeks) girl on the left was miles in front, and the more I talked to her the more she started rising in my book.

At one stage I thought it'd be pretty convenient to have something going on with a roommate..

But that's all evaporated and long gone now after this past week.

There's no want from my end, to be getting into any type of relationship with her other than friendship.

They're going to a festival tomorrow - and the other roommate is heading to a party afterwards.

When the one with the problem gets home, it'll be the first time this week we've been home by ourselves since the stink has happened. I'm going to hopefully strike up general conversation and eventually ask if everything is ok.

If she says it's fine and the conversation ends abruptly, I'll ask one more time and note i've seen she's not been her usual self recently - this will be the last time I try.

If she doesn't bite then, I'll be cracking a southern comfort and coke and turning on some all time great episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and not giving a single care in the world again.

6. SaFe

SaFe Contributing Member

Stop lying to yourself, you want her to like you again, period. The friend angle is bull and deep down you know it. Chatting her up in hopes that she spills the one thing you went to hear, that she likes you and was jealous... etc. and you are really going to tell her thanks but no thanks... you ain't fooling nobody! :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  7. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Bolded for truth.

Lies.

...you won't be there. You'll be at a bar, at a party, at a movie, hell, go sit on a park bench if you have to. Somewhere other than the apartment. Please, for the love of God.

Or better yet, invite yourself over to the place of that girl you banged and bang her again. And again. And again.

8. coolbluemoon

coolbluemoon Member

This is the only thing that you should be doing.

Talking is a waste of time. 99.9% of the time people will give lame reasons for their behavior. Don't listen to people's words, watch their actions. In this case, the "action" part has already happened. The only interpretation of the action is that in some way you have "disappointed" her and she wants to "avenge" it by withholding the "reward" that you were used to.

Now, you want to redeem yourself (via flowers) and make peace with her by "justifying" your actions (via talk). In her mind, the more you do things to please her, the more it vindicates her behavior (and confirms your guilt!).

Frankly, the only person you have make peace with is yourself. Why, on earth, would you want to post her photo on the internet? Ask yourself why you did that?

Now, you may say, why can't we talk it out as adults? For that both the parties involved must be mature adults and I'm afraid it is not the case here. Neither of you had done anything seriously bad to lose sleep over. Learn to get "closure" by yourself over petty issues. Just chill and let it blow over.

Be happy and do your own thing. If she wants to join, she can do that on her own without your prompting. Whatever happens take it in your stride and keep going. There may be a gazillion problems in life but this ain't one.

9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I second this DO NOT stay at the apt when she gets back. make her wonder and she ll ask u again.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

dude just have sex with her these situations never go bad

11. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Why did you send flowers to her place of work?! That makes it so much worse in my opinion. Other people will be asking her what the heck it's all about, so much more public. Casually giving flowers that you picked on the way home is just about doable, but even still a bit weird. Just bang her and get it over with. ;)

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Damn, this thread has brought out a good number of lurkers!

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Just send more and more flowers, ridiculous amounts of flowers. They should have to deliver them with a front end loader.

This is called "doubling down" or "all in" as a strategy.

Nothing will ensure the lack of a sexual relationship as good as my advice, so take it seriously.

14. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

This is the way I think it should be handled. Kick back, get of that detox diet, pour yourself a drink or 5, order a pizza exactly how you want it, and when she walks in, just say "Hey". Everything you need to know will come from her response. You're not married, you're not committed, you're not seeing each other, you owe her nothing but the rent, and you surely don't owe her all this mental anguish.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Wrong answer! That is exactly what she wants you to do....

The right answer would be to go have fun with your friends or stay home, relax and drink some beers and treat her like not a damn thing is wrong.... But you won't do that.

16. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Thou must enlist the help of the Thadeus.

Or, if that fails, enlist the help of Baqui.

1 person likes this.
  17. joepu

joepu Member

Yup, get it out of your system. You won't be able to think straight till you do.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, she's in your mind occupying your thoughts and actions. Seems like her silent treatment worked. At this point, you're not shrugging off **** and if you go as planned, she'll know she can have you the moment she turns on her switch. She's testing you whether either of you realizes it or not. Your script will fail the test and put you in the awkward position. It's better to ignore it and maintain relations and keep your actions consistent to force her to bend to what you want out of the relationship rather than you.

Definitely pull in a different lady friend.

If that friend's ever at the apartment, don't forget to give her flowers.

It'll probably make your roomie nice again.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The one inescapable thing about this thread is it is Aussie.

I'm having trouble with this.

It breaks all my Aussie mystolgia. I'm not even sure if that is a word. Did I just make that up? "Mystifying" combined with "Nostalgia"

What disappoints my Aussie mystolgia are two things:
    1. I didn't think Aussie girls did the duck face
    2. I didn't think Friendzone existed in Australia

I am so disappoint

20. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

OP I just skimmed the post but if you don't wanna bang her and she is leaving soon, why do you even care how she acts or thinks? Bang on bro.