1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Game of the Season...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZRB, Jan 9, 2001.

1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I am writing this with 5:37 left on the clock and the Rockets nursing a 26 point lead. This has been to this point, the best game of the season. Aside from a few rebounding problems in the thrid quarter, the Rockets destroyed the Raptors today. Everybody played well today, and the Rockets simply dominated every facet of the game. Good job team, lets take it to the Knicks.
    Oh, and I must add that Francis is what makes this team go. Get him the ball, and tthe Rockets will win.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

[This message has been edited by ZRB (edited January 09, 2001).]

2. Scarsdale

Scarsdale Member

word

------------------

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Well Cat led all scorers so it worked otu well. I know some people hate to hear this, but we need more then one guy to be our go-to guy, Cat has to be the next guy along with Mo. Obviously in crunch time Francis should get it, but Francis may make us go, but Mobley has to score to or we're dead.

------------------
    "I have a scale at home and it only goes up so far, I love that scale!"
    - Charles Barkley
    TNT Studios

4. Scarsdale

Scarsdale Member

I also think Shandon did a nice job on Vince tonight. He got 24, but only one dunk, and the crowd was a non factor.

------------------

5. pooh222

pooh222 Member

Yes, Steve needs help in order for the Rockets to be successful, but the key reason why the Rockets won tonight is because Francis was really running the offense well. And when he looked for opportunities for himself, for the most part, he was doing whatever he wanted.

------------------

6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I can't believe I am agreeing with ZRB!?!

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Come on ZRB! U know u are dying to complain about something. spit it out now...its okay [​IMG]

------------------
    SUCK POLICE!!!!!!

To point out individuals or teams that have managed to reach the pinnacle of SUCKINESS!!!!!
    -----
    JAZZ SUCK!!!!!!!

8. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Damn that stupid uhh, ummm, mmmmmm.......
    CAMERA MAN!!!!! Stop destroying the camera you stupid git!!

Mobley should definitely be the second scorer on the team, but not the first.
    My only complaint is him trying to be the primary go-to guy on the team. That is the role of Francis.

The whole team played well tonight, but why didn't Cato play??

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

9. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Nights like last night make me feel really blessed to be able to witness a possible dynasty, while still in its infancy, taking shape.

------------------

10. Mr.Clutch

Mr.Clutch Member

I thought the best game of the season for the Rockets was that game they played at Seattle where they stole that victory from the Sonics....I still remember..Mo played great that day!

------------------
    --President of the Matt Bullard and Dan Langhi Fan Club--

11. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

That Seattle win was my favorite, and the most enjoyable game of the season. Especially since I was in the stands. Seeing Hakeem play so well was a "Dream" come true. Still, I think the Toronto game was the best played game of the season. They dominated defensively, and looked great on the offensive end. The only reason Toronto managed to score 91 is that the Rockets sent in the third string with more than half of the quarter left.

------------------

12. verse

verse Contributing Member

that was mobley on vince most of the night. give props where props are due, please.

------------------
    :mad:

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, Mobley guarded Vince.

The point total was also affected by Vince getting into foul trouble trying to guard Cuttino. I counted 3 handcheck fouls. Cat was just blowing by him.

14. verse

verse Contributing Member

yes, but did anyone else see when walt smacked the crud out of vince carter's arm, with NO CALL????

------------------
    :mad: