1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heaves a plenty from Cat tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SmeggySmeg, Jan 9, 2001.

Tags:
  1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

As long as Cat outscores Steve, I'm happy. We have to remember that Cat is the best player on the team.

------------------
    "We don't have any plans. We just plan to win." Mack Brown

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Stay cool gr8-1...we love Francis. We just don't understand the Mobley bashing. Nor did we understand the Barkley bashing, nor the Cassell bashing.

You know Rocket's fans called Cassell a cocky, out-of-control punk.

Don't be like that with Cuttino. He's a star in his own right. And he's OUR star.

He'll be every bit as good as Ray Allen, Allan Houston, and Lenny Wilkens thinks he could have replaced McGrady. Francis is the Franchise player, but Cat is great as our SG.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited January 10, 2001).]

3. verse

verse Contributing Member

is it just me, or can any1 else see cat & steve making the allstar team next year?

------------------
    :mad:

4. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Who? I want names and addresses!

------------------
    "Thirty-seven?" -Randall, Clerks
    www.clutchtown.com

5. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

As much as I hate (can't find a lighter word) Cuttino, he was playing with more control last night. Yes, I did see him trying to pad his stat a little bit. That's what a player like him (egoism?) would do. Did you guys see the disappointment in his eyes when Rudy pulled him from the game? [​IMG]

Still, Individualism sucks!!!

Go Rockets! [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Rocketability (edited January 10, 2001).]

6. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

You're all fired....clean out your desks and go home.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

7. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Thanks for guiding me through, Hp [​IMG]. I'll root for anyone in a Rockets jersey. I just feel The Cat is a stat padder, maybe there is nothing wrong with that.

I think Steve is anything but a stat-padder. Didn't he ask to be taken out of a game last year when he was one assist or rebound short of a triple double ? Steve's my favorite player, no doubt about it. I just haven't seen alot of "Man, Steve played great tonight" posts. If you look at his numbers, he's having a very solid season.

------------------
    "We don't have any plans. We just plan to win." Mack Brown