1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

What do you think per se the Spurs were telling Stephen Jackson? I don't really know the issue with telling non stars that they aren't, someone needs to tell them so they can actually maximize their production. However that's somewhat the problem with a lot of the young players, what they have in their minds and what they are on the court aren't really aligned. The Spurs have Tim Duncan saying he's just a role player these days, we had Chandler Parsons saying he's a star, if that there doesn't emphasize the issue, I'm not sure what is.

2. tksense

tksense Member

Yeah, that's I think the one time when this issue mattered for the spurs, cos they usually only go for high character guys. They thought having authoritarian pop and quiet example Duncan set the tone would suffice keeping Jackson in check (just like previously).

I think on his way out the spurs be like "u not a high character dude like the rest of our gang. You may shut up or leave bro."

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

should do well as their starting pg when rose eventually hurts himself getting out of bed

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

LMAO....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/f0WnP6vlYjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. ish1973

ish1973 Member

They are one PF away to form a very good ex-rockets team.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So what's Jeremy up to? Any news worth reporting on his LA activities lately?

7. Jt29

Jt29 Member

Lakers waived kendal marshall, so i bet lakers are aiming to run jeremy at the point n try to incinerate flashes of the linsanity show in hollywood. Last time i check, jeremy was on a tour in taiwan n will be back to LA end of july, something like that.

8. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Lin loses his confidence faster then I lose spare change.

9. SuperManRocketz

He is still in china his excited to be in LA soon..Excited to see what he can do with the lakers this season..

10. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

He's expected to be in LA later this week and do a interview on ESPN LA radio. There also might be press conferences for the new Lakers.

11. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Don't forget Luis Scola who Morey dumped the first time they were going after Bosh...right before Bosh signed with Miami the first time.

12. jvu

jvu Member

Lakers cut Kendall Marshall.. A much better chance that Lin starts especially with his salary heeeeeyoooo

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I wanna see how who the Lakers next coach is gonna be and see how they use Lin.

14. hvic

hvic Member

I thought Nash would start over Lin.

15. archinkent

archinkent Member

Too old. He wasn't very good last year. But hopefully he can teach Lin a thing or two on being more in control.

16. andersongo

andersongo Member

Muscle memory is a powerful thing.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

Let the expectations begin!

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I hear the Lakers are holding off hiring a coach till they can get Lin's approval of various candidates.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

So I took a trip over to Lakersground to see if the train wreck has occurred yet. Not quite yet, but the locomotives are building up speed quickly. Its been two weeks and the mods are already starting to bring the hammer down.

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol. Only took two weeks for those clowns to ruin another board.