1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you pay Budinger 15 million???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cincymmb, Jul 14, 2014.

1. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I will miss Parsons but with $15.3 Mil per season? It's just too much of a money for CP25's production!

2. Nook

Nook Member

I am not an "insider". I have a relative that works for the Rockets and a friend that was deeply involved with a couple former NBA players from Strake Jesuit, Milby and a current player from Hightower high school and both said there are things we don't know about concerning Bosh and Parsons that will just not be discussed by the teams or the players.

3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I would love to get Budinger back and have him come off the bench behind Ariza.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Minny would love to dump his $5m/yr for 2 yrs with a player option contract

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

A glorified Budinger? Because they are both white forwards? They are very different players.

Is Dwight Howard a glorified Marcus Camby?

6. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Last I checked none of us were teams or players (maybe some of us are). So spill the beans!!!!

Please?

7. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

It's obvious to me that letting Parsons out a year early was agreed upon when signing Dwight, As Feigan would have gladly used his leverage.

What's surprising is how badly Chandler wanted out of Houston after recruiting Dwight so heavily. I thijk eventualy we'll know what the issue was, whether it was the presumed "disrespect" to Lin, a lack of trust with Morey, or something else. Getting the blame for Lillards shot certainly didn't help.

8. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Batum is a better example and he makes 11 mil

9. SS0101

SS0101 Member

This makes me think...maybe we are looking at this a little backwards. Instead of chandler having issues with James or morey or whoever, maybe our guys got a sour taste from his trash talking in the Portland series. It was uncalled for and the opposite of what a vet should be doing or saying.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

He lost his starting spot so no I wouldn't give him that much.

11. scottie brooks

I don't see a step backwards. I see Morey sidestepping to keep from falling back. Hence getting Ariza. He wants to move forward, but its easier said than done, as we have seen so far this off season.

12. Remii

Remii Member

We lost more than that sir. Parsons was a valuable trade piece.

Regardless on rather they wanted to pay Parsons or not you do not let him walk for nothing. Morey should have figured out another way to clear the cap space for Bosh without letting Parsons be an UFA.

13. Moleb

Moleb Member

Most time CF members fall in love with Caucasian players who are above average skill & athleticism. Similar to the majority oriental LOFs denying almost all logic in order to defend Jeremy Lin.

1 person likes this.
  14. houactuar

houactuar Member

arE you keeping up? Parsons wanted out of option. Parsons agent is Howards agent. IN order to get Howard here there may have been a wink wink to let Parsons out early to get paid sooner.

On the other side, maybe Morey was thinking he gets Bosh and Parsons locked up for 4 years rather than have no cap in 2015, I guess maybe he could use Bird exception to sign Parsons in 2015 if he had had him under the team option for 2014. It was both a gamble, that the contract would be cheaper in 2014, and a favor to Parsons so there may have been a wink wink there too, we will let you out and match you as a favor to you. But the poison pills in contract....hmmm

You almost wonder if he wasn't the glue anymore after losing to Portland. All his trash talk and then coming up small? Maybe players blamed him for not playing defense vs Lillard in game 6. Interesting story there.

15. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Did we draft a replacement white guy?

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Stats basically back you up. Their per 36 numbers are pretty close to each other. Enjoy your back problems Parsons, Dallas!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/budinch01.html
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parsoch01.html

Career wise on the per 36, Chase edges him out in points and rebounds. Hahahahaha.... stupid Dallas!

17. Smook

Smook Member

Uhhh no.....

He's not as good as Parsons and he's extremely injury prone now

18. scottie brooks

He's just so damn hot tho. It makes you feel more like the only average looking girlfriend that knew it was too good to be true to be dating the prom king Freddie Prinze Jr. in High school. You knew it couldn't last forever, and you knew he would eventually leave you jilted. But it still stings dammit, it still stings.

19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Carmelo and Lebron were never the real target... Bosh was who Morey wanted all along and he had him until the last minute when the game plan changed.

Morey tried to take the focus off the main target and it almost worked...

I have no problem with them not signing Parson the cost was too much and I think they have learned from the past on being locked down to bad contracts.

T_Man

20. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Maybe, maybe not.

There was risk of losing him one way or the other, so why not choose the side of keeping him on the cheap for another year, then dealing with it?