1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets not expect to seek major free agent moves; short term contracts only

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2014.

1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Howard is opting out as soon as he gets a chance.

2. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Dude you're not getting it. It's not the failure to acquire another star, it the squandering of assets and attempt to punt the improvement of this team when we have a 3 year window.

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Clyde, Barkley and Hakeem?

4. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A very disappointing offseason - not only do we keep a terrible coach who showed no ability to adjust during both the regular season and playoffs, but we lose the one guy who facilitated the little bit of team play amid all the Harden ISO balling and the only two guys who gave us any productivity off the bench.

The situation is almost exactly like the Rockets in 2005-2006 only with much much lesser superstars. We're a lesser team now and the front office has all but signaled it has given up on the season. If that's the case - if Morey think Harden + Howard can't carry a team without another star, then I have to question the wisdom of keeping them. We keep saying that you can easily plug supporting players around stars, yet Morey has signaled he can't do that. Either it's harder than everyone claims - which means you don't put yourself in a position to lose a top tier role player for nothing - or Morey is incapable of doing his job when his master plan gets derailed.

I've rambled a bit here and I think it's out of frustration.

1 person likes this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Excellent strategy by Morey.

We need to have cap space once Bosh and Melo become free agents.

6. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

It not us being bratty. It's about Morey saying we aren't championship calibre. As fan, you don't want to hear that. I mean we have been told time and time again that we would have an offseason where we build for contention. I get we struck out this year, but we don't want to hear that we still aren't there yet we will build next year

7. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I am also tired of the constant player turnover. The Rockets want me to stay loyal as a season ticket holder when they arent loyal to a fan favorite player.

Im done.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You forgot LeBron. We are waiting for LeBron.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

This offseason sucks.

10. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

is bob sura still available?

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I hear we have a chance at LeBron as well!!!
    Oh man. Finally free agents want to be in Houston, its a good feeling!!!

12. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

The Rockets do show ZERO loyalty to their players.

I'm starting to understand why the Spurs are the class of Texas and the Rockets have been the farthest away from a championship since the Hakeem years.

It's more like Les lucked up into those two.

I so want to be wrong about this. Morey make a move and make me eat my words. Ask Merlin to deliver Kevin Love to you THIS OFF SEASON

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Actually you forgot Durant 2016. The threads have already started.

14. theangrycanary

where do I begin?
    1. Harden and Dwight were both good friends with PArsons. PArsons helped recruit Dwight.
    2. Dwight came to Houston on the condition he would not have to carry the team, and they could content. THis is not happening.
    3. Non superstar players like Asik, Lin, and Parsons, are undervalued and underappreciated with this organization. Parsons was personally offended by the way he was treated and undervalued. Word is there was a pretty contentious meeting that led to Parsons signing that huge contract at midnight. And how can you blame Parsons? teams were lining up to pay him the max and Morey considered him a slight plus. Dude is a beast, and 25.
    4. Every year, we have a whole new roster and the players are getting used to paying for one another. Teams need a couple of years with the same players to peak. There is no chance of this now.
    5. Our team was young. Harden, Asik, Lin, Parsons were all young and going to get way better. THat was a huge positive. Now all that youth is gone and we have Ariza. It took Ariza ten years to match Lin/Parsons production. He's only had one good season his entire career. go check his stats if you don't believe me.
    6. Dwight is a sulker. He is going to have a down year cause he is going to be in a terrible mood.
    7. We still have McHale.
    8. Chris Bosh screwed us. But Morey failed. Its his job to be able to read people and to make sure they don't screw your team like this. He also totally undervalued Parsons.

1 person likes this.
  15. goyao11

goyao11 Member

We'll need a serious miracle for things to work out. Barring the signing or trade of some primo FA, we're gonna need EVERYBODY to stay 100% healthy, Harden and Howard to play out of their minds, Beverley and Ariza to develop a playmaking abilities at least to give us 50% of what Lin/Parsons brought to the table, and a system on offense/defense that vastly overtakes what we had last year. Oh, and Nick Johnson or some other no namer better turn out to be a baller off the bench.

So... yeah it's looking like a worse Tmac/Yao team right now. How fast the tide turns.

16. haydenfisher342

Word is going after a Phx PG.

17. Smook

Smook Member

Bledsoe? Dragic?

18. seeingred

seeingred Member

don't waste your time, brother. if they want to throw a tantrum, there's just no stopping them.

19. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Lol, we'll take that Dragic player option now, please.

20. King901

King901 Member

Contend maybe?
    Are we old now?
    And who are we signing next since you can see into the future?