1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 World Cup - Brazil

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ivenovember, Dec 3, 2013.

1. coolbluemoon

coolbluemoon Member

The land of Valderrama and Higuita continues to impress. Love it!

2. IamHobbs

IamHobbs Member

Columbia needs to make sure nobody gets hurt now.

3. downbytheriver

Only 3 teams deserve to win... Colombia. Holland. France.

Rest have been greatly boring and hard to watch, or plain ol not good enough.

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I would add germany. They had 1 off game.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Germany and Colombia are the best teams in the tourney right now.

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

James needs to change his number to 6 or 23

7. downbytheriver

Didn't like what I saw against us and Ghana. Might have been coasting but seems like they're too comfortable playing it safe instead of going for it. Not as watchable as aforementioned.

8. SexyButIgnorant

I'm not at all impressed with Colombia. They have yet to play a good team. I think their World Cup starts with Brazil. All four teams they've faced are (in my opinion) really subpar.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Good choice to pull James. Game is going to get ugly these last few minutes.

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Hahahaha! Then what do you consider Brazil?
    If every team Colombia has faced is subpar then so is the next team that they'll be facing.

Either way, Colombia will beat Brazil and won't need penalties to do so. They'll do it in regulation. (Then their World Cup will start SBI :grin:)

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Flop fest in the second half by Colombia. Uruguay looks horrible without Suarez. I'd be pissed as shiz at Suarez if I were them.

On another note, Brazil and Chile had a contest on who could miss the most penalties... and Chile won.

12. SexyButIgnorant

Despite their play, Brazil hasn't lost yet, and they haven't in a while. David Luis and Silva are beasting in the back, and Neymar is too dangerous. They are an extremely practical and efficient team. If Chile didn't beat them, I don't see Colombia doing it.

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Uh you know Colombia have not lost as well right??

In what world has David Luiz been beasting at the back. He has been good but let's not over do it for him. Neymar might be dangerous but when Neymar isn't firing on all cylinders then what's next for Brazil? In this case, having the opponent hit the crossbar in extra time, getting the match to PK's and having Julio Cesar come up big time.

If Chile came close to beating Brazil, I can see Colombia finishing the job and beating Brazil.

14. SexyButIgnorant

Colombia not losing is a product of facing bad teams in Japan ivory coast and Greece lol. Julio Cesar coming up big isn't news, outside of the stint with QPR, he's been one of the best in the world. Luis and Silva are commonly agreed as the best defensive back duo in the cup by analysts. And when neymar for some reason doesn't show up (which he almost always does), other players tend to step up in few stints that define the game. Hulk did it today, Oscar in the first game, etc.

I'm not taking anything away from Colombia, they're a great squad that's easily beaten these bad teams precisely because they're very good. James has been extraordinary. But I don't think I'm ready to give praises to Colombia until I see them play a team like Brazil.

15. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Wouldn't mind James at Barca but yah Monaco ain't selling for anything short of an absurd amount!

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

So let me get this straight.

You guys are saying that Luis Suarez is straight up lying to the world about losing his balance, accidentally falling down on the Italian player's shoulder, and then hurting his teeth in the process?

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Well, yes. I suppose I am.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

IDK you may see the truth here. I just wonder what happened. Scolari went his way to keep this group together that:

1) won the Confed Cup against Spain I believe
    2) was built on the Olympic team in London which lost unfortunately to Mexico 2012

I guess there was enough team chemistry

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

A barber is San Antonio is seriously talented.

here's Tim Howard's face in the haircut.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and some Mexican stringy-haired player
    [​IMG]

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

what off game?? They had problems against US and Ghana.

Mueller was pretty good and that is all. And perhaps Goetze, Klose, Hummels and Schweinsteiger. Did not see much else.

Portugal was so weak and Ghana was thinking too much about money, prizes to concentrate on playing ball.