1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Houston Could Get Melo AND Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Jun 25, 2014.

1. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

LOL,I know Harden dominates the ball, but Carmelo is King iso, LeBron can take half the quarter off.

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

this is just the media having their fun, they know that all this is in its infancy stages and that Lebron is nowhere near deciding what he wants to do... so for now they are just going to talk about the scenarios that would generate the most buzz.

If you noticed last year during Dwights FA they didn't even want to talk about Houston until it was almost a sure thing.

3. Badrose

Badrose Member

I think all of this is just like a sci-fi movie and yes, Harden > Melo, but I can't believe there are some who don't want to trade Harden in order to have LJ (+ Melo and DH12 on the same team). You are crazy! I'd add my mother to the trade to have them all!

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

All speculation. You nor I really have a clue either way. You can still be best friends with someone who isn't like you.

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Actually its not speculation, multiple basketball insiders have talked about Melo and Lebron wanting to play together

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If Morey actually got this done then sign Lebron with Dwight being here already he would be the man that put Houston back on top as a city... it would because of him Mike Jones and Lil Flip would be relevant again... the Houston Texans and Astros would be allowed to lose another 10 years straight be a use of it. Morey would be the GM of the decade.

7. air_matt

air_matt Member

Same goes for everyone who is saying Lebron is .... fill in the blank... every team in the NBA would and should want the best player in the league on their team.

8. Fantasma Negro

I guess this is meaningless now
    [​IMG]
    Cut the teams to fifteen and increase the roster sizes to 25, make the court bigger, and make quarters 20 mins long. Since no one cares about history just change the game to something else

9. Fighton

Fighton Member

you won't trade harden, lin, and asik for melo and lebron??

obviously if this is being discussed at all, it's with the assumption that lebron will be coming as well.

trading harden for melo without lebron? hell no.

10. domd221

domd221 Member

Just to add to the fun that is the offseason, apparently today is LALA's birthday.

Does she perhaps ask Melo to sign with the city of her liking for her birthday wish? :p

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Dude shut the **** up with your annoying parity bull****.
    You don't like the league? Stop watching.

We're about to get LeBron and we have little beta b****es out here whining and complaining about it.
    **** you, you're not a Rockets fan.

This is the thing that pisses me off the most. *******, people just hate success. Even alleged Rockets fans. :mad:

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

You know what's missing in that picture? The 4 other hall-of-famers that were on those teams.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You do know both those teams had super teams right? Each had 2-4 hall of famers.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not meaningless, it just looks like this now

[​IMG]

And let's not pretend that those were the only 2 HOFers on the court at the time.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

A little over the top, right? Dude didn't post anything offensive, even if I disagree with him (especially because LA and Boston were the opposite of league parity for, basically my entire childhood).

Anyway, we're probably not about to get Lebron and you def don't need to shout anyone down.

1 person likes this.
  16. Fantasma Negro

Yeah, so take less money and help your team get better don't pay two guys $20 mil to play the same position. I'm cool with either or but not both that **** is lame

17. NotChandlerParsons

Who gave Broussard LSD?

18. kvnzhangyay

kvnzhangyay Member

How is it lame? They want to win.

19. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Remember, Morey views his players as assets. Harden is nothing more than asset to him as is Dwight. Trading Harden actually makes it far easier to move Lin and/or Asik, thus freeing up the cap space to sign LBJ and Melo. Morey would undoubtedly force the Knicks to take Lin and whatever other garbage we need to unload.

If you told Morey you could sell Harden/Lin/garbage and buy Melo/LBJ he would do it in a heartbeat.

With all that said I would prefer to have Harden/Dwight/LBJ than Melo/Dwight/LBJ.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Preface: You are right, that was over the top.
    I'm sick of it. I've seen people like him everywhere.
    I remember three-four years ago people here (even though the opinion was mixed) were clamoring for the likes of PAU GASOL in a crappy trade.
    Our star player was KEVIN MARTIN.

Every free agent that's ever been available has always ignored Houston.
    Even back during the T-Mac Yao days our most prolific free agent was Ron Artest...

I don't want to go back to those days and continuing to be a perpetual first round exit team will guarantee a fast track back to those dark days.