1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 World Cup - Brazil

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ivenovember, Dec 3, 2013.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is just tradition.

DD

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The center ref holds the official time. He stops his watch as necessary and adds the time as needed.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

whats up with parallel broadcast?

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Good luck today. Chile was not had that many chances.they must create more. I expect depay to be brought in for lens.

5. SexyButIgnorant

I think the original question had to do with the official scoreboard time, which always just keeps on going. Which would deal with old school tradition.

6. SexyButIgnorant

Yeah, we're controlling the ball but not much is coming out of it. Robben is downright scary with his counterattacks. Netherlands is defending very well.

7. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Why Mexico bro? I think you're looking good - - anyway, as I expected.

And agreed - don't care who wins, though I don't want us to be killed of course. Brazil will decide who they want to play anyway. And I think they'll prefer us to be honest (Holland). Scolari already said before the tournament that Chile is the one team he'd like to avoid.

The only way I see Scolari wanting Chile instead of us is if we end up winning 4-0 or something, which I don't see happening. Whoever faces Brazil will go out - I just think the margins will be so tight that a referee's decision will make the difference. And of course, it will go in Brazil's favour.

8. mingthething

mingthething Member

See earlier in the thread. Last games of group stage are played simultaneously to prevent teams from unsportsmanlike, uncompetitive play. Google for Germany and Austria in WC 1982.

9. FaBo

FaBo Member

Robben is playing out of his mind right now. Being a Bayern Fan, I know how good he is, but he still managed to impress me so far. It's like every time he has the ball, it's DEFCON 1 for the opponent. Crazy.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Hope Pep is taking lessons, he should utilized Robben/Ribery where they are most effective, on the counter attack, play tiki taka and it mitigates Robben's effectiveness somewhat.

11. coolbluemoon

coolbluemoon Member

I don't always pass the ball, but when I do, I make sure it is spectacular.
    - Robben

12. arno_ed

Great win. Chile could not get serious chances. I was actually impressed with our defense.

The ref was also amazing. Finally a ref who did not call the flops. I really liked him.

13. arno_ed

Indeed. If he would pass the ball every now and then he would indeed be a top 5 player of the world.

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I said congratulations before but I'd like to say it again. :cool: Congratulations, sir.

I was happy to see Kuyt contribute! :)

15. arno_ed

Thanks. Good luck in your next game.

I was also happy kuyt played. He played great. He was also helped a lot by how amazing blind played. Blind really is the guy i am most impressed/surprised with.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Croatia is looking to regain those elusive 3 points. I'm hoping Chicharito plays up on top and with his speed can counterattack along with Gio or Peralta. I hope we play well.

¡¡¡VAMOS, MéXICO!!!!! :mad:

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

yeah I understand that. Two games per day would be ok but 4 games per day?

2 games simultaneously is a bit much.

18. SexyButIgnorant

Hated the ref for the Chile-Netherlands game. Alexis Sanchez was being hammered literally all game by Blind and only gave him a yellow in like the 75th minute. The Dutch were hitting hard and we somehow ended up with more yellows. And a couple offsides that weren't actually offside for Chile.

But oh well, Netherland's counter-attack system holds up well and is a serious threat to most teams. The game would have ended up different with Arturo Vidal and Jorge Valdivia all game, but I think the broader outcome (that is, the next match against Brazil) would have been the same.

Robben is crazy scary on the counterattack

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I see little reason why The Netherlands can't end up at least in the semi-finals right now. Even better, they get a rested RVP back for the next game. Robben is the clear Golden Ball winner right now. He has been nothing short of fantastic.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I predict the semi-finals to be Brazil vs. Germany and Holland vs. Argentina (Quarterfinal Holland vs. Italy and Germany vs. France).

Final: Brazil vs. Holland

Winner: Brazil