1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Apparently Lin partied with the Blazers last night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dk808, May 3, 2014.

1. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

If you can't beat them, join them.

2. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

who cares as long as he's all business on the court

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

after a series loss, especially where he handed them one game...this isn't really appropriate.

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Great post.

Alot of people seem out of touch with reality. That, or they are just looking for yet another reason to b****. Seriously, people here need to step out more. They live in this fantasy world where the world revolves around them. Fickle, knee-jerk fans so quick to turn on players game after game, screaming TRADE PLAYER X, TRADE PLAYER Y are now butt-hurt because they expect "loyalty" in return, when the players understand this is a business. Literally or figuratively, why exactly would they want to "take a bullet" for fans like you? Only the ****iest type of fans would nitpick about crap like this. I'm glad they don't give a **** about your feelings and just live their life.

#184 krnxsnoopy, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I doubt anyone is going to change anyone's mind on this issue. People have a right to be bothered by this. People have a right to be unbothered by this. Neither is "wrong," IMO.

6. SacTown

SacTown Member

Win or Lose, these guys all get paid at the end of the day and are usually friends off the court. The fake rivalries are pretty much created by the fans. These guys switch teams so often - there is no true rivalry.

7. daytripper

daytripper Member

As a fan it's disappointing but at the end of the day all these guys are buddies off the court. Starts with AAU where all the top prospects play together from their high school days.

Something doesn't seem quite right when the fans are apparently more upset about game 6 than the players.

8. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Paul Pierce vs Lebron

9. torocan

torocan Member

Pierce and Lebron is a personal rivalry. It has nothing to do with team rivalries. They've been going at each other regardless of what team they're on.

Take 450 human beings and some of them are going to dislike each other. It has nothing to do with the jersey on their backs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mi.../the-long-history-of-the-james-pierce-rivalry

The players know that the fans are fickle. They're all one game, one series or one play away from going from zero to hero and back again. They play for themselves, their team mates and their coaches.

In the grand scheme, the fans are significantly lower down the list. And the actual organization is a blip for the most part.

Sure, there are players that love their organization and city. However that usually only happens after the organization ALSO displays loyalty... and how often do you see that happen if you're not a HoF caliber star?

Look at a typical day of CF threads. How many are along the lines of XXX sucks, YYY needs to be traded, ZZZ has no heart, etc, etc. If you're a player, why would you feel ANY loyalty towards that? Especially when in 2 seasons you've seen friend after friend after friend traded away whenever it's convenient?

This isn't college ball. This is professional sports where you're only as good as your last game, and you're basically only a trading card in a game being played by Billionaires.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You're saying
    1) Lin et al. feel no loyalty toward Houston fans
    2) CF posters suck with all their negative posts about their own team (you're right there)

At least Parsons won't be partying with Mo Williams.

11. steady

steady Member

Did JLin really hand them game 4? There were 18 seconds left in regulation, even after Batum scored and gave Blazers 1 point lead.

18 seconds is a long time: 2 Rockets possessions and 1 Blazers possession long. Then there was an OT.

12. t3ddt3ch

t3ddt3ch Member

Lin is on vacation now. Can he not do what he wants? You want him to mope around until the start of next season? You guys are r****ded...you can mope around all off season, but people have lives outside of basketball...

13. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Lin is a traitor, I have a recording audio of Lin having a conversation with Dorrell Wright. Let's listen in...

Dorrell Wright: "Hey bro, thanks for turning over the ball at the end of the game there...that was awesome."
    Lin: "No problem. I knew it...I was just waiting for the right opportunity to screwed them up.lol"
    Dorrell Wright: "Right..right...I can't thank enough bro. I'll buy you dinner tonight if you want. All on me."
    Lin: "We'll talk about it right after this series is over."

14. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

Sorry I don't believe this. J Lin is better than that.

15. firepit

firepit Member

will Harden party with Westbrook this off season? you think Beverley will joint?

16. torocan

torocan Member

17. Cypress

Cypress Member

[​IMG]

18. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

He showed up for game 3 and 6?

19. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I dont weather its his crazy fans or just his "dumb look" after a mistake, but i seriously havent hated on a player this much in a long a while...i hate jeremy lin and i hope we trade him for a bag of peanuts

20. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Nope, not mope around til next season.

These guys get paid because of fan interest and performance. Perception is part of the job.

The least he could do is wait a couple days before partying, or not partying with the guy that just beat us