1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All that can't happen in .9 seconds.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cardpire, May 3, 2014.

1. Jt29

Jt29 Member

Can someone foul anyone???? We had an extra foul to give :confused:

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Here's a hint. Don't let him have 5 feet of space and he doesn't make the shot. Pathetic, PATHETIC effort by the Rockets on that play. I want to say I'm stunned, but was anybody really surprised he made that?

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Lillard did not have the ball in his hands for more than .9 seconds. It was well on its way to the basket by the time the red light turned on.

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

Well, that's precisely why it would matter. :confused:

5. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

Go home cardpire. You're drunk

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

Nah, perfectly sober. Please quit trolling, LOF. Will be cool when he's off the team next year so you don't have to post here anymore.

7. JazzLakerHater

Only the Rockets would let the opposing teams best perimeter player be WIDE OPEN like that. I'm sorry, after watching Lillard torture us all series long, we have to upgrade at the PF position. Both Lin and Bev were awful in this series.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

They play PG.

Rondo will be on the team next season. Don't worry. Should be fun next year.

Brutal end to this season though.

9. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Gotra give him props dude made a huge shot, even if he was alone on the court, with .09 seconds to go, he would of missed 7 ouuta 10 at least. Dude made it, it hurts it sux, but legit, theres nothing that can be done now.

This series was bad luck from the get go n it ended that way

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I didn't bother to watch. I expect this from a team that can't play defense or take every possession in a game seriously. Instead of your best player saying hey I'm a take Lillard and make sure he doesn't score the game winner you have Chandler Parsons pretty boy azz holding him with the season on the line that figures...

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

What is going to hurt the most is how often we are going to have to relive this moment through the NBA and ADIDAS' marketing of Damian Lillard. Every time Portland is in the playoffs or they need a Damian Lillard highlight reel, that DAMN SHOT is going to be the focal point! The shot that got them out of the 1st round in 14 years! F########CK! Why do the Rockets have to be the bearers of everyone else's golden moments!! I'm sick of it!! I want an all-defensive team next year to cut that crap out!

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

This is true, but with only 0.9 remaining you run the risk of fouling a three point shooter. A cardinal sin

13. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

Look at the clock .the clock DID NOT start when he first touch the ball, the ball was half way to the rim the light went off.. so you can catch turn around and shoot a ball and when the ball gets half way the light goes off, with .9 of a second? THIS IS BS......

14. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

LOL I'm a LOF? You may not be drunk but you're high on something. Go to sleep.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

Yup. Weird how people would rather respond and say it didn't start on time than watch for themselves.

Ball left his hand with .3. Clock didn't start for at least .3.

16. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

No silly the upper clock on the back board when the ball hit his hand was NOT RUNNING you moron...after he caught the ball and started his turn in the air clock started running, you cannot catch a ball and turn and shoot and the ball half way in the air when the horn when off... Open your eyes and look...

17. cardpire

cardpire Member

18. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

i agree with you.. but until we see a reply from that angle in real time, its gonna be hard to determine if he did get it off in time or not.

but oh well... maybe it's a good thing that they got kicked out of the first round. Maybe we'll get a better coach out of this.

19. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i just noticed that, that clock didn't start untill he almost got it of. so he grabbed the ball took 3 steps and shot it while the clock started right bf he shot it.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'm going to use the ESPN prompter as my clock, so I'm going to assume that it didn't have it's speed changed.

It goes through 26 characters and 4 spaces, so 30 characters from the time he receives the ball to release

With the clock running, 0.8 to 0.5s it goes through about 12 characters

So though they started late it would have been just off, just