1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac NEVER looked this disinterested in the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drowsy12, Apr 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

I havent been impressed with Hardens body language either but he is a dude that is kinda chill regardless, doesnt get overly emotional.

But he stood up and hit a couple of massive shots when we needed him to and played solid D on that last posession that counted. Im hoping that he comes back strong in game 6 with aggression and attacks the rim!

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Little thing like his body language really worry me. The time when he came back in he almost reminded me of the time that T-Mac quit on the rockets. Just passing the ball and not looking to score.

The other part that was interesting is when Howard was leading the team huddle he was no where to be found. You have to buy into the team and that type if behavior is worrisome.

I know he was pouting cause his shot wasn't falling, and mcHale had the balls to bench him for a while and ride Lin's hot hand.

3. jerrios

jerrios Member

It was the players in the game with Howard as the only bench player in the huddle

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Howard was pretty pissed after the game too.

5. Shoe

Shoe Member

T-mac just chocked but you're right, he brought all in the playoffs.

6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I think it was a combination of being fired up and exhaustion. I'm hoping it's not chemistry with harden.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I wasn't able to watch the game, but not joining the huddle in a must win playoff game is inexcusable. Harden is super talented, but he has a LOT of growing up to do. Definitely a big downer in an otherwise great night.

8. SupermanSK

SupermanSK Contributing Member

if were gonna win, we're gonna need him. he just needs to swallow his ego and play team ball.

9. Nero

Nero Member

Harden was neither sulking nor pouting on the bench, you people need to stop making things up.

Yes I'm sure he's frustrated, who wouldn't be? He's still young, give the kids some time.

10. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

Can someone get video of this?

11. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

My hope is the team was actually holding him accountable, he didn't like it and decided to withdraw from the team huddle. Would suck for him to react that way if it were the case, but at least there'd be accountability.

12. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Harden came through in the Clutch!!!
    He's struggling, and it's mentality, that's all. He can relax and have a great game 6 and 7 or keep struggling. We have to give credit to Wes Matt. though, he is playing great d no matter who's on the floor and he's making whoever is guarding him on O play some D. Harden is fine, you guys just overreact :eek: (----you
    ;) (---- me

13. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Agreed.

Even if TMac was having a poor shooting night, he was still involved with the team. People tend to look at the outcome of the series rather than how the series was played, regarding TMac. Of course, winning the series is the most important thing, but there should be no question McGrady raised his overall game in the playoffs. His playoff averages before when he was considered a star, were among the best of all time. 30ppg, 6rpg, 7apg. Whether it was scoring, passing, playmaking, also he often would guard the other teams best perimeter player even in the Battier years And I remember times when he would pick up Boozer because he was too fast for Yao and Hayes was in foul trouble. He did it all for us in the playoffs.

The problem is that McGrady never had the team that would give back what he gave to them. McGrady's best playoff team was in 2007. Healthy Yao, solid role players in Battier, Mutumbo, Wells and Alston. But players like Chuck Hayes and Luther Head were getting major minutes and while effective, not very talented. You could argue that both of Harden's playoff teams had more talent than any of McGrady's, except for 2007. And this year's playoff roster is clearly better than the 2007 roster, without a doubt.

Harden has been lucky that his team has practically carried him in the playoffs. If not for the consistent play of Asik and Parsons with the surprise play of Garcia and Beverley, we would have been swept in 2013 or in the very most, 4-1. This year, a series we should win, we are lucky Howard has been dominant, Asik's played good defense, Parsons' solid play and heroics of Lin and Daniels, or this series would be over as well. Harden has yet to really play a good game in the series as the man. Maybe Game 5 of 2013 when he hit 8 threes, but if you consider yourself a superstar and the alpha dog, not showing up in the majority of the games is not supporting the claim.

3 people like this.
  14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He is fine

He said Dwight carried us and it was a team effort.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The word is "uninterested" and he was more interested than I am in this thread.

1 person likes this.
  16. hltiki

hltiki Member

this, so much this.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't know what you folks are seeing. He always been like that (look out of it). Don't think it means he disinterested. He's just not forcing the issue and maybe you are so used to see him forcing it.

I saw a few cuts from him today to get easier basket. Need more of that from him going forward.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Glad les didn't bring tmac to talk to the team.
    He brought Mario Ellie .

Hate all you want on harden he did show up at the end!

Mcgrady fans are jealous of clutch city

1 person likes this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mcgrady fans aren't rockets fans.

They complain after a huge game where people wore clutch city shirts.

Mcgrady fans hate clutch city

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

TMac is worlds greatrt than Harden. He didn't have a giant preying mantis and donkey kong country to support him plus bad luck in the Play Offs. But Tracy's abilities are beyond what Harden will ever be able to provide in talent and physicality.