1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey wanted Dragic over Lin, Les forced him to get Lin.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Apr 28, 2014.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

cyberX has proven to give us some legit info, but this makes no sense when it's already documented what happened. There was no power struggle between Les/Morey over going after Dragic or Lin. The Rockets went after Dragic and only after he rejected us over the player option did Lin enter the picture. If my memory serves me right we even met with AB before making the offer to Lin lol.

Morey just miscalculated when it came to Dragic. Being so conservative over a possible $7.5M on the books for 2015 was just silly with the All-Star level of play Dragic put up when Lowry got sick. And even if the contract did start to look bad, well Morey was able to get out of Ariza's contract even with a player option attached, so again Morey just played it way too conservatively over a pretty modestly sized contract. Now here we are stuck with Lin thanks to the upcoming balloon payment he's about to receive.

Of course you can't win 'em all, but Morey's thought process behind this was just bewildering and it really stings to think of what could of been if he hadn't messed this one up. :(

2. Doktor Mndbndr

Let me put things from Morey's perspective. He has a reputation to uphold as some sort of genius, which is worth millions per year in additional salary that he could command. But he hasn't done jackshyte yet in terms of winning anything. A first round exit would be a black mark on his resume.

So he's letting out a strategic leak. I don't personally mind, but he's gotta fix the underlying problems this offseason.

3. LIT123

LIT123 Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently per you he is willing to use his stooges to spread revisionist history to cover his ass with his fanboys.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

You missed the whole point. The player option was just a cover for les to get Lin. You honestly think Morey would lose a player over an option three years into the deal?

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Here we go again with my sources close to the team told me this and that.. Bwhahahahahahaha My source Kyle Lowery said neither him or Gorgan Dragic was coming back. And Cyber he was right. LOL

6. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

I think McHale wouldve benched Dragic and put Beverly to guard Lilliard regardless if Dragic was on the team.

7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

You don't say????

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No way, Jennifer Lawrence fan.

9. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

cyberx had lost his credibility with this thread title. Now I consider him just a gossiper.

There was never a choice between Gragic and Lin. The choice at the time was either sign Dragic with player's option or let him walk.

Lin was a RFA. The choice was on Knicks whether to keep him or not.

Do you know who was the best available free agency PG if Morey didn't offer Lin a contract? Ramon Sessions. Yea, it was the choice at THAT time when Morey offered his contract to Lin; Sessions or Lin. Because Dragic already signed with the Suns!

10. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Sounds like b****ing excuse from Morey.lol
    Bye Morey if you dare to said so to les.

11. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

We should trade Les for Doc Rivers.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lowry is a unrestricted FA, Harden, Howard, Parsons, McHale and Morey should be at his doorstep trying to recruit him the second they are allowed to talk to him this summer.

Would trading Lin alone make enough space? Or would Asik and Lin have to be moved in order to out righy sign him to a lets say 9 million a year deal?

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Are you over or under 25?

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yes, he is. He has length, effort, and lateral agility.

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Dragic is not a good defender at all

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This. IIRC, Morey went all out to pursue Lin only after Dragic decided to go to Phoenix.

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

God I hope this is true cyberx.

That way we know Morey wants Lin out of here as well.

18. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

LOL cyberx is the clutchfans equivalent of Chris "MULTIPLE SOURCES" Broussard.

19. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Lowry loves Toronto, that ship has sailed

I would love Lowry, combine Lin and bev and you get Lowry

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Interesting. :confused: