1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

calling on CC.NET's awesome power and influence (re: '95 rox)...

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Hey Now!, May 28, 2003.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

(i posted this in the rocket forum, but thought i could attract even more people by reposting it here...):

this morning on THE TICKET here in dallas, hosts dunham and miller were discussing whether this year's eventual NBA champ would be considered a great team. craig (he's the miller component) said no, and that it'd be the first non-great NBA champ since the, drum roll, please... '95 rockets. now, had he a) said the '94 rockets, i probably could've swallowed that, but he didn't -- he said '95 (his reason? they only won 45 games); b) he included the '99 spurs among the great champions list (the reason: not said, but unspoken -- he's a HUGE spurs homer).

his email address follows, if you'd like to contact him -- i think we need to summon the power of this forum and, as russell crow once said, unleash holy hell on him. he's big time anti-houston -- always has been. but first a few ground rules:

1. keep it SHORT and SIMPLE: they beat 3 60-win teams; won two elimination games on the road; beat, in their prime, STOCKTON/MALONE, BARKLEY, emasculated MVP ROBINSON (let robinson really have it -- again, he's a spurs fan) and a young, athletic SHAQ. that evidence is overwhelming, so stick to that. "how can a team that did that not be great?"

2. keep it civil: the hosts are nicknamed the gentle musers for a reason; confrontation is not their forte. for once, your mom's old adage about attracting flies with honey, not vinegar, becomes useful. i promise, he'll tune your email out if it's mean or vindictive.

3. be funny, if possible -- he'll respond to that.

4. the gloves are off with the spurs -- i wouldn't waste too much time ripping the '99 spurs, but what hakeem did to robinson in '95 is fair game, and likely a reason behind his dismissal of the rox.

5. spell check. he has an anti-houston bias -- don't send juvenile crap that sounds like it's written by a 13-year old, giving him more ammo. proofread, please. let's present a distinguished front.

OK, here's the email: JuniorMiller@mindspring.com. i guess we can post any responses here, huh?

2. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

You probably should have put this in the Rockets Forum.

;)

WRONG FORUM!