1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

espn (trueHoop TV): james harden is the new carmelo anthony

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pentajigga, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Solaris

Solaris Member

Dwight is the main superstar of this team. Harden need to learn how to complement Dwight for this team to be successful.

2. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

This thread is a Rockets' noob wet dream.

Yeah, you know who you are. Carmelo has been a bad word since you started watching basketball two years ago.

1 person likes this.
  3. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

But Lebron was not always a terrific defender. Part of it comes from the maturity to trust your teammates to take some of the load off on offense so you have more energy for defense. Part of being able to trust your teammates is having good ones capable of getting the job done. Morey has some more work to do but we are getting close.

4. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

This team has spent 50+ games to figure out what it wants/needs to be, sorting out injuries, etc. The team is gelling at the perfect time. The team is really figuring out how Dwight fits in and he is putting up monster games as a result. Hopefully we don't peak till playoff time.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is right, the Rockets are better when everyone plays unselfish basketball.

DD

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I agree DD but don't you think the harden is "selfish" is overblown here and in the media. I watch every game as i know you do. Hardens been apart of many Houston runs that result in double digit leads yet it seems alot off posters on here forget those times and blame him very every time the ball gets sticky when every player on the team is responsible for this not harden.

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Not just harden*

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

REALLY kind words from both Screamin A & Skip.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Guess who said harden is a superstar

10. vlaurelio

For the non true rockets fans/nba newbies

Jh has outgrew his role as 6th man in OKC
    Darryl's trade with OKC single-handedly catapulted the rockets from mediocrity
    D12 joined the rockets to play and share leadership with another superstar

1 d12 jh13

2 cp25

3 jlin pbev tjones

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think Harden still tries to do too much and needs to mature and trust his teamates more.

I dont think he is selfish, he just lacks that total trust in the team concept.

It took Jordan and Hakeem years to get it, Harden is still learning too.

DD

12. Maikeru

Maikeru Member

Used to be, not this year. He is playing great mature basketball now. Just sad that some of the players aren't even trying to compete, and he is near the end of his prime.

13. vlaurelio

yeah but he's still no where as smart, efficient, and unselfish as james harden

14. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

I think Harden is put in a situation he is not the best at, playing PG.... when in reality he should be standing at the 3 point line waiting for a pass where he can either attack the basket or shoot a 3 with hopefully his player edging off him....

Harden would be unstoppable because we know he is deadly at shooting set 3 pointer and can basically Eurostep a defender rushing back to defend him

for now it is important the Rox get a PG in here the coaching staff and Harden respect... Rondo??? with Asik and Lins expiring contracts if they dont get traded by the trade deadline.... probably will need to throw Parsons in too

folks can call me a LOF/Hater if you want... but I know my guy is out of here by 2015 so it really wont matter to me in the future how Harden turns out
    if im on the team cheering im probably hoping he ball stops

to me thats all on the organization

15. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

Melo is a superstar in my book, hes tremendously talented, he just doesn't really know how to make his teammates better, for all these yrs, it's sad.

As much as Harden loves hero ball, he is not really selfish, he just has yet to figure it out how to make his teamates better. That's why I feel a coach who could instill discipline is very important to young Harden before its too late, like Melo.

What I don't like about Harden as a franchise player is that he often seems indifferent and disinterested, he d look like he's 35 out there. This is your 2nd yr here for Christ sake, and its not like we are heading to lottery. I never saw Steve or Yao or Tracy play like that.

16. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

21.4 shots, 7.1 free throws, and 3 assists. Out of the top 15 scorers in the league, only 2PF and 1C average fewer assists, and nobody takes more combined shots and free throws.

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Too bad you are not out of here now.

18. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

o come on its just a business... thats what you would be saying if Lin were to be traded at the Trade Deadline that is coming up...

at least im being realistic about the fact Lin and Asik were rentals until 2015

only difference when you signed them...

is you are ahead of schedule in getting Howard and Harden

19. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RREeB8Neozo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member