1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Everett

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by fatman510, May 3, 2003.

1. fatman510

fatman510 Member

Adam Everett is sure doing great. If he keeps his hot bat up, we might have a legit shortstop for the future.

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's still pretty early, but perhaps Everett had too much pressure in his mind having to constantly battle for the SS spot. Now that Lugo is gone, and Viz can't possible play SS everyday, Everett knows unless he totally blows that the spot is his. Could maybe help him relax at the plate.

Just a theory.

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I think Adam's main mental conflict was replacing another Everett: Carl Everett. Carl was a stud for the STros. FYI, as many emotional problems Carl has had, he's got 10 home runs so far. That's almost as man as the Stro's starting outfielders. Keep in mind, Texas has had a MUCH tougher schedule.

4. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I think Adam's main mental conflict was replacing another Everett: Carl Everett. Carl was a stud for the Stros. FYI, as many emotional problems Carl has had, he's got 10 home runs so far. That's almost as man as the Stro's starting outfielders. Keep in mind, Texas has had a MUCH tougher schedule.

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I wouldn't get your hopes up on Adam Everett just yet. Remember he was batting .230 in AAA before he was called up. As long as he can stay above the mendoza line I think the Astros will be happy.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought he was batting .250?

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Not sure. I'm just restating what I heard on 610. Either way .250 or .230 is still bad for a AAA player that's getting called up to the majors.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yea, but he had shown significant improvement in the last couple of weeks, culminating into a 12-game hitting streak (which might still be alive, now that he's got 3 hits in the last 2 games).

Adam Everett will never be an amazing major league hitter. But, his speed and his penchant for drawing walks (he's always had a good eye) could help this team out more then we could expect. We don't need more big run-producers... what we need are the run-manufacturers that can get on base for the big bats.

Adam Everett can eventually be that type of player.

9. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

haha its only like 2 games! he will end up sucking , last year he totally sucked, but hey hopefully he can continue it

10. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

2 games that we won.

I'm not saying he's the cause, but maybe he's a good luck charm like that little cokebottle glasses kid you picked last on your softball team and you stuck him in right field and then one day he catches the ball and the team goes wild.

Man, I've seen too many movies.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Adam Everett = Roger Metzger

12. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

huh?

13. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Everett would be a more effective player if he looked a little more like the tall guy on The Drew Carey Show.:mad: :mad:

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It sure would be nice to still have Carl Everett.