1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

lefty thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by thebeardedwon, Jan 9, 2014.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

so apparently the Devil (Shaytan) eats and drinks with his left.

2. SunsRocketsfan

move to China and learn Chinese... Chinese right top down and right to left.. PERFECT for lefties

3. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I'm a righty but learned to eat with my left hand because I didn't like to swap utensils when eating a steak...and it's easier to eat out with a lefty wife.

4. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I hated those chairs, but I had to get used to them, and then the spiral notebooks, made me a real hard time.

Also, I have a pair of scissors for lefties, and it really helps me when I need them.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I also saw a tape in an International Management course at Melcher where a business man was going over a deal with a Middle Easterner, handed a document to him with his left hand got the stink eye. They were also sitting on the floor and the American sat indian-style, with the sole of his shoe showing up.

6. DwightHoward13

Too bad, I can use both hands on the basketball court. :grin:

I hate swiping credit cards or ID cards. The machine always has the reader on the right side of the machine. It is just more awkward for a left-hander to reach over the machine and swipe the card without messing up once.

Benefit: I was the closer on my Little League baseball team. Saved 8 games out of 10 opportunities. I had a strong inside fastball and a 9-to-6 natural curveball.

7. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

8. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Ten times worse.

It's called the right hand for a reason.

Just kidding, lefties.

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

People wipe themselves with their left hand? :confused:

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

So not true i can beat you going left or right.

11. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

Elephant in the room

safe to assume everybody faps with the L?

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I can beat him going LEFT or RIGHT, too, edwardc.
    No. Not safe to assume anything at all. :eek:

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

A thread dedicated to us lefties, I like it. From school all the way to sports I have always known that something was off from the way everybody else does things.

I still remember being in elementary school and being chastised for **** I did incorrectly because I was left handed. Of course it wasn't directly related to me using my hand, but being left handed I have come to realize that I perceive a lot of the things in the world in a different manner and thus operate differently. All my elementary report cards used to say some crap about me following directions when I used to do my best to adhere to them. Because I didn't align a stupid sticker or do things in the order they were "supposed" to be done in my teachers always found some crap to say. I am just grateful to my parents for not taking it with a grain of salt because as I grew and adapted I have been able to operate at a much higher level than my peers, graduating as one of the top students in my major when I graduated from college.

Basketball is a different story though, for some reason my right hand is my strong hand and my left is my weak hand. I have been playing religiously since I was 9 and still find that my form frequently changes. The right hand I use to push off and hold my follow through just doesn't operate at the consistency it should. Maybe if I started out as a lefty things would have been different, but who cares I guess.