1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Bledsoe Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Houst0ne, Nov 4, 2013.

1. LIT123

LIT123 Member
    Supporting Member

Just as funny is OKC used the Heat's draft pick to get him.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Lol more cp3 bashing that doesn't make sense.

3. hector234

hector234 Member

Bledsoe is a stud, he is starting to show what he really can do now that he has more playing time and is the main PG. Suns need to lock him up ASAP and start adding pieces around him.

4. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Another big game for Bled today! Missed 2 shots for 25 points

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Another year, another franchise PG emerges. Though there could be several of them this year.

6. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Because Sarver is a cheap b*stard. Just like he could of resigned Joe Johnson to a 50 million dollar extension back in 04, Sarver could of resigned Bledose to a bargain type Jrue Holiday/Ty Lawson type of deal. Now he likely going to lose him to FA unless he ponies up a deal that is significantly more.

Here's an article from a Suns blogger discussing the Joe Johnson similarities...

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2...n-with-eric-bledsoe-has-shades-of-joe-johnson

7. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Eric Bledsoe's agent is going to ask for Russell Westbrook/John Wall Money

8. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Because he is putting up great stats on one of the worst teams in NBA? He wasn't that great when CP3 went down and he took the temporary starting PG job... I doubt any GM will fall for that. I'm sure this forum can come up with at least 10 busts that looked great pre-fat contract... Don't mean to say those 10 players didn't play well, but they didn't justify the money that's been thrown at them (Ilyasova, Turkoglu, AB after being dealt to Phoenix...)

9. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

But he's so careless with the basketball!!!! Anyway, no great team has a scoring point guard as their top dog.

I guess you can argue Tony Parker, but he's a huge pick and roll guy, Bledsoe is more iso oriented. Question is what is his ceiling? Is he just a John Wall type? Great talent, puts up the numbers, but can he be the key cog in a winning formula.

10. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

He's actually top 5 in assists as well so far. Is more a combo guard then a scoring guard

11. izeroi

izeroi Member

He's on my fantasy team and he's destroying me with those TO's :mad:

But he's beastin in everything else :grin:

I'm sure the Suns will make the move to trade Dragic some time this year. I think they've found their new PG for the future.

12. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I hope a contender picks him up. He deserves that.

13. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I really like his game. Been watching Suns games primarily because of him(and to see how Len is doing).

14. dubble dee95

dubble dee95 Member

Doesn't he have shooting woes? Thats the only thing I remember people saying about him

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

The media tried way too hard to push the storyline that the Clippers had the best offseason and turned themselves into favorites to win the West.

Really underrated the importance of Bledsoe to last year's Clipper team and moving forward. I see Bledsoe as a future all star, and it was shameful to trade him and Butler away for Redick and Dudley. Phoenix won that deal because they got the best player in the trade.

16. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Hes been shooting well...He only missed 2 shots out of 12 yesterday

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

can't really say phoenix won the deal because the clips are the better team in the end. they knew they couldn't keep bledsoe as he was ready to become a starter in the league so they got something for him and addressed their need with more shooters along cp3

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Did OKC win the Harden trade because they were the better team than us last year?

(Hint: NO.)

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

obviously not in that case but in this situation it remains to be seen, as the clippers are better than last season so far. best individual player in the trade bledsoe yes but as far as winning the trade is still to be determined.

20. Gil

Gil Member

He's a turnover machine and his assists are coming off hot 3 point shooting, watched the highlights of his game against OKC and not one of his assists led to an easy basket. He's a good player but he's no franchise PG.

We've seen this before with Gogi, Lin, Lowry etc