1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons invited to Team USA minicamp

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 23, 2013.

1. Convictedstupid

Just a heads up

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Watch today's USA Men's National Team's practice live on NBA TV. The live look at a full USA practice starts at 3 p.m. ET <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23USABMNT&amp;src=hash">#USABMNT</a></p>&mdash; USA Basketball (@usabasketball) <a href="https://twitter.com/usabasketball/statuses/359690092002025473">July 23, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

parsons just tweaked his ankle by landing on larry sanders', but he's being interviewed right now and he said he's ok on nba tv

#182 fallenphoenix, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  3. roksoer

roksoer Member

man this nbatv coverage sucks, I wanted to watch the scrimmage but they keep showing closeups of random players and coaches

4. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Nah Parsons didn't hurt himself at all it was Sanders that hurt himself.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Parsons is gonna get kicked off the team soon when Coach K finds multiple teammates fighting over Chandler's affection.

6. WNBA

WNBA Member

Why did you assume Coach K was not a gay?

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Hey man I was just trying to reduce his next contract value so he'd be affordale :p

8. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

Parsons will be MIP this coming up season, book it!

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

10. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

This. Sanders tweaked his ankle landing on Parsons.

11. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Parsons interview with David Aldridge --

DA: What's it like having this opportunity to be a part of this and play for your country?

CP: It's a huge honor. It's one of my biggest goals as a player to be an olympian and be able to play for that gold medal. It's a great opportunity for all of us here to showcase our skills and have fun with us.

DA: What did your teammate, James Harden, tell you about his experience and what it was like?

CP: He basically said how important it was to even get invited here. How it's a huge honor... come out and play your game, play unselfish, make your teammates better, and be aggressive, that's what I'm trying to do, I've been here all week.

DA: Do you get an opportunity to share or compare notes with other young players out here?

CP: Yeah, it's cool to play with these guys... you can't get much better pick-up than this. You make each other better and just talking and hanging out with the guys, learning different things they do that work and don't work.. just getting to know them is cool.

DA: How about all of (the different coaches)?

CP: It's cool just to see how different they are. How different coach Thibs is than coach McHale. I'm just trying to absorb everything this week. There are a lot of great coaches and mentors I'm trying to take everything in from.

DA: It has been an interesting offseason in Houston. You've managed to help bring in the big fish, Dwight Howard, and I can't imagine where you were when you heard that it was official and what that meant to you and what you think is possible?

CP: I was in Cabo and my phone was blowing off the hook. My phone bill is gonna be nuts this month. I'm excited. He's the best center in the league and to add him to our core guys is promising. We have a lot of potential and we can't wait to get to training camp and get together and start working.

DA: You played a certain style. You're probably going to have to play a bit of a different style with Dwight there. How will that impact the team?

CP: It's good for us, it gives us different looks. We're able to play inside-out now. We're able to feed the ball inside to Dwight and let him get double-teamed or get a bucket. He can run the floor. He plays extremely hard, so we don't have to change much with our up-and-down tempo. He can run with us, play inside and run pick-and-rolls like he did in Orlando.

DA: (Recruiting Dwight)

CP: Yeah, it was a little bit of everything (texts/phone calls/tweets). I just wanted to make sure he was completely comfortable with the city of Houston and the guys on the team and in the organization. I was basically just in his ear telling him how good we can be, how we can win championships and we can be contenders immediately. I think it's good to have a friend and resource on a team that you're comfortable with and be able to ask questions with and that's what I provided him.

DA: It worked! Because Dwight Howard is going to be a Houston Rocket with Chandler Parsons I think for a long time to come. Back to you Matt.

Matt: Chandler Parsons and early candidate for Summer MVP because of his role, apparently relentless in his recruitment of Howard.

12. wehaveliftoff

wehaveliftoff Member

Why are there so many gay jokes proliferating in countless threads when it comes to Parsons?

I am beginning to seriously wonder about some of the posters around here!

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. Carl Herrera

It's not gay when it's with Parsons.

15. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

That's gonna be tough for a guy who averaged 15 pts on 48% shooting. His scoring may even go down a little bit this season.

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Nice. Parsons is on the only team with 6 players. More playing time for our boy.

17. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

So what team you think we'll be churning out in 2014?

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Just a couple of pieces of info to pass along:

I saw Parsons and Kenneth Faried partying last night at 1OAK. Faried was just chilling having a good time. Parsons was hitting on anything that moved, lol.

I did this once before, but I walked into the Mendenhall Center during my lunch break at work by flashing my UNLV faculty/staff ID and some other "credentials" and got in with no problems and saw these guys practice for about 10 mins. It was clear that Parsons and Faried weren't the only ones who had been partying last night.

No pics, no videos, no homo.

Also, I'll be going to the game tomorrow. Is anybody else going?

19. 713

713 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Kevin Durant and Kevin Love here In Vegas about to announce they're playing in 2014 World Cup</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/360124920753164290">July 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So a possible lineup of Irving, George, Durant, Love, Cousins

[​IMG]

20. Carl Herrera

CP is just keeping his recruitment skills sharp for the next available star player.