1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Baseball Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fadeaway, Feb 28, 2003.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Anyone feel like making a preseason trade?

SSG?

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

already scared of losing to Captain Kangaroo hey Pimp!!!!!:p

3. RocketsPimp

There is no way I am losing to the Crocodile Hunter. You are him, right?

My boys will try and leave you a little less banged up than in this recent picture I found of you.

[​IMG]

;)

I just want to shake things up a bit and improve my team if possible.

4. Summer Song Giver

What ya' got?

5. PhiSlammaJamma

M Ramirez, Mike Mussina, and Billy Wagner.

6. Summer Song Giver

I'm going to stick with what I've got until the season starts...

7. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I feel bad for Shane Reynolds, but it took me about 10 seconds to drop his ass and pick up Redding.

8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I just feel sorry for your team and all the losing they will be doing this year, Behad ;).

I'm ready to reclaim my title this year.

9. Behad

Anybody see this new South Korean pitcher Atlanta is really high on?

Bong

10. DVauthrin

Yes, I know all I'm sorry, just like I know Horacio Ramirez is a huge sleeper as ATL's 5th starter, and that the Skulls will play dead earlier this year :).

11. Behad

Humor is lost on you.

high....Bong....get it?

12. PhiSlammaJamma

I have three starters injured already (Izzy, Batista, Byrd)

13. DVauthrin

I get the joke, pot-man.

Happy now?

14. Behad

If those are your starters, you were already in trouble before they got injured. :)

15. Behad

No... no I'm not.

16. RocketsPimp

You'll never make it past The Hitmen.

17. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Season starts in less than an hour, so fasten those seatbelts, it's a long drive.

Any predictions? Here are mine:

Pythons (of course)- A lot of question marks in the starting rotation, Kevin Brown, Kris Benson and Woody Williams. If they return to form, the Pythons run away with the title.

Bridegrooms- Vasquez, Wood and Maddux make for a very good rotation. Add Bonds, Green and a motivated Floyd and Pood has a good team that should make some noise. A weak infield and a weaker bullpen won't help however.

Expos- Fade's teams have always been in the hunt, this year could be different. Zito and Clement are consistent, but will Pettitte stay healthy? Will Dempster return to form? Will Gagne repeat last years success?

Launchers- DV has put together a nice infield, a good (possibly great) outfield with Vlade, Cameron and Dunn ( will Drew ever reach his potential?) Leiter, Morris and Burhle are good. Should be in the hunt.

Tools- Can ARod carry this team? May get some help from Manny Ramirez and Pat Burrell. IRod should bounce back to form, but weak pitching hurts SSG's chances.

PSJ- Any team with Randy Johnson has to be respected. Add Mark Prior and Bartolo Colon and you have the makings for a great staff. Larry Walker and Luis Gonzalez are 2 veterans who should put up good numbers if healthy. Bagwell and Palmeiro will have good numbers but the rest of the infield is weak. A weak bullpen hurts but Phi should have a good season with this team.

Skulls-Griffey, Berkman and Thome are solid. Sabathia, Beckett, Wolf and Wade Miller anchor a decent staff and Percival and Nenn are solid when healthy. Behad could make some noise this season.

Stovers-Solid infield lead by Soriano and Hinske. Roy Oswalt heads an average pitching staff. Smoltz should be one of the better closers, but other than Magglio Ordonez, there is little power and even less RBI's from the OF. Middle of the pack.

Yodas-Schilling and Mulder are top 5 material. Juan Gonzalez and Carlos Lee (breakout year?) will put up good numbers. Piazza anchors a decent infield. Could suprise.

Cat- Solid infield but question marks in OF and Pitching. Middle to lower half showing this year.

Hitmen- Very good infield and decent OF should help. Halladay, Millwood and Lawrence should post good numbers. If Eaton returns to form, Pimp will have a nice staff. Middle of the pack but could suprise.

Smeg-Sosa and Abreu along with Tejada will put up good numbers. Lowe, Wells and Moyer are decent and if Washburn gets healthy Smeg will have a nice staff. Easy Eddie is nice in the bullpen. Middle of the pack.