1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Really guys?!?

Watch the new Hunter x Hunter (2011).

If you've seen the first one, then you'll like this.

If you're new to the series, then you'll love it.

The creator was the guy who made YuYu Hakusho.

By the way, Attack on Titan is making a big buzz this summer.

It might be the anime of the year candidate.

Manga is pretty good too, so I suggest reading it.

Also, shout out on One Piece --- still one of the best animes out there.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Knights of Sidonia

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dHI6Ciiy1V0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This looks good. can't wait.

3. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

I appreciate the Attack of the Titan referral very very good anime, the problem with me is that i like the storyline too much and might spoil it by reading the manga, episode 13.5 really :(

4. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Thank for the recommendation. I was wanting to watch it, but was turned off by the fact that I would have to get caught up by 88 episodes. Then when you mentioned it was made by the creators of Yu Yu Hakusho, my favorite of all time, I had to give it a chance and it was well worth it. At least 11 episodes a day and I'll get caught up in a week. I just hope there aren't any filler episodes that will turn me off, that's my problem with long animes that I end up stop watching.

@MosKeemYao
    Good luck trying to hold out. For me, I just watch other stuff to preoccupy me. Though I already spoiled myself long ago reading the........... Wiki.... :eek:

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I wasn't kidding when I posted I'm a junkie... I seriously start a series and these short ones I can finish in about three days.

The only ones I have been reading the mantas on are the ones that end unsatisfactorily! I just finished Kimi ni as well and it had a satisfying ending but I feel like there is probably more story after the anime ends. It's just strange when they have changed things for no reason.

I loved misaki as well... And the brother of the audio girl who dated the class pres joining the hall was a clever way to link to those characters. I look forward to more if they make them... In the meantime that's the manga I'm set to read next.

6. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

As far as I can remember there is no filler episode yet.

Let me know when you're caught up and what you think about it.

Have a good one!

7. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I'll be sure to do that. I'm in the middle of 7 right now and digging it so far.

8. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

FWIW I feel like Moribito had one of the most satisfying endings I've ever experienced in an anime. The thing that really made it great was that they really took the time they needed to pull back and contextualize everything that had happened and end the show right. They budgeted enough time to wrap everything up properly. In fact, it's a 26-episode show, and the big action climax happens in episode 25. The last episode is literally devoted entirely to wrap-up and send-off. I really wish more shows did it that way.

Besides that, Moribito is just a really awesome show in general. Top 10 for me easily.

Link is to Crunchyroll where the whole show can be watched for free, but unfortunately they don't have the English dub. I usually prefer dubs to subs when the dubs are done well, and this was definitely a good dub. There are probably other places around the web where the English version can be streamed...

9. Hayesfan

I just read the blurb... Looks really interesting. ;) adding it to my list!

Edit: also started Sakura tonight...four words uttered by the mqin character and I'm shouting "that's Todd Haberkorn!" One Wikipedia search for Sakura cast of characters later my recognition was confirmed! I then pondered exactly how much anime I'm actually watching and after the episode stopped watching and turn the basketball game on for a second rewatch :)

#369 Hayesfan, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  10. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I love the concept of Attack on Titan but damn, the gore just isn't for me.

11. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Just finished watching all the Berserk films that have already been released (Egg of the High King, Capture of Doldrey, Descent). The ending of Descent was just insane... Absolutely loved it! I seriously hope Studio 4°C has plans of continuing their manga adaptation.

12. Hayesfan

That looks good.... But it just started?

13. Saado

Saado Member

Can someone just post a list of awesome stuff that needs to be watched? I loved Code Geass and Death Note. Other shows I'd enjoy? Also post if they are better in dubbed or subbed format.

Thanks!

14. Hayesfan

If you go to the first few pages of the thread there are some great lists. I used them to start my to be watched list and then got recommendations from the video streamers I was watching to find similar ones I would enjoy too.

15. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Yup, one episode out so far, and it's hilarious. Episode 2 should be out tonight or tomorrow.

16. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

Monster and Eden of the East have mystery/thriller elements like Death Note does. But neither of them has the anti-hero aspect. I'm kinda blanking on other shows that have that. There must be others...

As far as subs/dubs for these two, the dub for Eden of the East is quite good, so I'd watch the dub. As for Monster, I actually didn't even know it had been dubbed at all. Back when I watched it there was no dub available. So I can't speak to its quality. Liam O'Brien is the lead; he also voiced one of the lead characters in Ergo Proxy (Vincent Law), and I though he was pretty good there. I'm guessing the dub is probably fine.

17. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

RIN: Daughters of Mnemosyne - dubbed
    Deadman Wonderland - dubbed

Though they are not near the level of CG and DN.

18. New Generation

You probably already watched, but just in case...

FMA:Brotherhood - Dubbed
    Cowboy Bebop - Dubbed

19. Hayesfan

So I watched the first episode of one piece... Don't really like Luffy... Do want to know about the girl so I'll stick with it for now

#380 Hayesfan, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013