1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You write NBA erotic fan fiction, don't you?

2. Dream McLandry

I think y'all are probably right. Dirk would have to ask them to let him leave and he seems like a Mav for life. My brother (a Mavs fan) suggested this trade as a way to free Dirk and allow him to chase another 'chip before he retires.

I appreciate the responses.

-Crazy

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You're crazy.

4. TheBeard

TheBeard Member

Cuban would never do it.

5. ReverseBjorn

ReverseBjorn Member

as much as i can't stand anything from dallas, i think this is a good idea. Dirk would be the only guy that i would be ok with. He is still a great player and would be a perfect fit for our team.

I think dallas would do it to start building for the future. Lin and asik, and dare i say d-mo, would be fair to let go for this guy.

of course, i would love to have dirk added to this team without giving anyone up, and we could then be a true international team :cool:

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I'd take him if he'd Leave Dallas.

7. GameChanger

GameChanger Member

dirk is a free agent after 2013-2014. i think 2 years and 22 M or 3 years and 30 M are reasonable contracts for him and the new team.

dirk doesnt resign with mavs because the mavs wont land any top free agents next season. morey needs to get 10 M ish under the cap to sign dirk as a free agent next year because i dont see cuban trading him

8. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

Dirk has a no trade clause. The Mavs will not be able to trade him without his consent. And Dirk has already repeated numerous times that he intends to finish his career in Dallas.

It's unlikely he'll change his mind. Dirk arrived in Dallas as a teenager in 1998, and hasn't lived anywhere else in the US since. We're talking about the greatest basketball player in the history of North Texas, with career earnings upwards of $200 million... and yet, he has never employed an agent in his life. Not one. All his contracts with Cuban were negotiated with a handshake deal.

That doesn't sound like a guy who will suddenly switch teams at the age of 35.

9. trock

trock Member

I think the only way they bite is if you somehow threw in Parsons.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

OP is crazy

11. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

The only way the Mavs are trading Dirk is if he requests it because the team is complete crap. If the Mavs are only winning 35% of their games near the trade deadline, I could see them trading Dirk to a contender for the right assets. I don't think Lin and Asik are enough though, you have to include 2 firsts and one of our young guys like Dmo or Jones. I would be happy to see it happen, but would much rather get Love or Aldridge with the same trade pieces.

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well now that Andrew "No Knees" Bynum is off the board, the last domino left to fall in the complete dissolution of the Mavericks will be when Dirk requests to be traded. BTW, BREAKING NEWS!!!

The Mavs are slated to go after...(drumroll please) Samuel Dalembert (Bwahahahaha!). They have also expressed interest in Greg "Where's My Knees?" Oden but they will have to outbid Miami & SA. Mark Cuban is being burned in effigy on Dallas Sports Talk radio right now. Game, set and match Daryl Morey.

13. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

this is gonna be the stupidest suggestion on this thread, but i reckon it would be cool if morey traded away our first round draft pick for say the clippers first round draft pick next year..

this is kinda like GM's egos, and betting on that their team will be better than the others..

the current teams i think could bite and that the rockets could have a better record at
    1. clippers
    2. GSW
    3. Indi
    4. Memhis

lol i have no idea how my brain thought of this but I'm bored and waiting for the summer league game to start.... please no hate lol

14. basketballholic

That may be stupid but you just hit on a possible solution to keep teams from tanking for the lottery.

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

how about a bobcats phili trade their first rounders?

16. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

The general trade idea could actually make sense for both teams but I really doubt that Cuban would trade him to the Rox. Here's a Sam Amick interview from a few months ago. I think it's a good guage and telling of what Diggler would consider at this stage of his career including staying with Dallas.

I'll go ahead and guess that if ever this is even considered by Cuban, he'll want more than what we have to offer. Perhaps another team or 2 to get Dirk here may be feasible. Along with Asik and Lin, I doubt Parsons + 1 of our young PFs survives being a Rocket. Cuban may also expect to unload Matrix and/or VC along with one of his recent weird PG signings in this whole process. The only other alternative would be for Diggler to force a trade to the Rox. No way Diggler pulls that on Cuban.

17. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I swear. Some people on here...

18. bball1217

bball1217 Member

Another interesting idea...

I know a bunch of people want LMA, but I don't think we have enough to get him...I do think we can get in on a three-way trade that sends him to CHI and gets us a nice defender/stretch forward in return...

Rockets get: Deng
    Rockets give: Asik, Jones

Bulls get: Asik, LMA
    Bulls give: Butler, Noah, Deng
    Lineup: Rose, Hinrich, Dunleavy, LMA, Asik; Boozer off bench

Blazers get: Butler, Noah, Jones
    Blazers give: LMA
    Lineup: Lilliard, Butler, Batum, Robinson, Noah

The holdup in the Blazers-Bulls trade was that Blazers wanted Noah along with Deng and 1st rounder for LMA; Bulls were reluctant because they wanted to keep Noah for his defense and rebounding...in comes the Rockets! We provide Bulls with a replacement - Asik - that Thibodeau loves. Blazers get the post presence they want and have a great front court rotation of LMA/Asik/Boozer/Gibson to work with.

The Blazers get youth and talent to stay competitive. Butler and Jones are both good prospects with high upsides. Noah is a top 5 center that is a great fit for any team. A pick or two can be thrown in as well.

Rockets get a stretch 3/4 in the mold of Parsons who plays great defense, can shoot the 3, and rebounds.
    Lin/Beverley/Canaan
    Harden/Garcia/Williams
    Parsons/Garcia/Casspi
    Deng/Motiejunas
    Howard/Smith

Also, can sign a guy like Camby still if he gets bought out to ease the pain of losing Asik.

Let me know what y'all think.

19. basketballholic

Try to get Deng by using Jeremy Lin and Jones as the outgoing assets. Will have to involve multiple teams. But retain Asik to go with Deng for a bigger trade later.

20. RocketsFan69

RocketsFan69 Member

Deng is not a solid four