1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I was thinking about why would morey want to waive Anderson or timmyO when he could possibly get something back...

My suggestion is picking two of timmyO, Anderson, smith and trying to flip them for a future 2nd round pick..

This just seems like the morey move even if the pick is protected in the second round, it's better than nothing.

2. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I think Ersan Ilyasova would be perfect for this team. Can rebound and shoot 3s.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Why don't we pursue the Wizards' bigs? You could get Okafor (ironic; he was drafted second behind Dwight) whose contract is expiring; re-sign him at a better cap hit, he'd stay in his near-hometown if the money isn't bad (every time I drive down Rice Avenue past Bellaire High I think, "That's where Okafor...")

Nene is the sort of player who's kind of a 4/5, although for him it's a matter of health and, frankly, he's a little expensive for what he brings. Still, he's under contract for a few more years, and so can't bolt in two years (like Asik will).

Wouldn't DC be one of the few teams that can pay for Lin/Asik's "balloon year" without howling bloody murder? Wall/Lin might make a good backcourt.

OK, foolish post done. Continue thread.

4. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Rockets Receive: Ersan Ilyasova

Suns Receive: Omer Asik

Bucks Receive: Goran Dragic

Maybe throw in some picks? I know Bucks are looking for a PG and may not be able to get Teague.

5. basketballholic

Forget that. Just send Lin to Milwaukee for Ilyasova.

6. bball1217

bball1217 Member

If Asik actually has a problem backing up Howard (I really do not think it is efficient to start him at PF), then I wouldn't mind this trade to get a veteran backup who provides defense and rebounding and a starting caliber PF:

Rockets get: Amir Johnson, Marcus Camby
    Raptors get: Asik

Raptors just signed Tyler Hansbrough, so they can move him to PF. Or try out Valanciunas at PF who might be atheltic enough to play there and then have Asik at C to form a great defensive front court.

I loved Camby a couple years ago with us, and would love to have his rebounding, defense, and veteran experience back. Amir can push Jones and Motiejunas to get better and provides us with a solid two-way PF.

Lin/Beverley/Canaan
    Harden/Garcia/Williams
    Parsons/Casspi/Garcia
    Johnson/Jones/Motiejunas
    Howard/Camby/Smith

Just a random thought.

7. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

I live in Toronto and I think this would be a good trade for both sides. However I feel Morey places a greater value on Asik than just Amir Johnson and a creaking Camby.

8. basketballholic

Here's another trade proposal:

Lin for Sessions straight up.

If we did this trade, we could give Canaan $788,872 guaranteed (the equivalent of a second your minimum deal) and get him to agree to a 4-yr deal w/partial guarantees like Parsons got.

This trade would be executed after waiving 2 of the 3 of Anderson/Smith/Ohlbrecht and signing Dwight.

It would also leave us with around $3.4 million of cap space to go after a free agent. That should be enough to get Mo Williams on a 2-yr deal with 2nd season non-guaranteed or possible ole Nate Robinson (same money and non-guaranteed 2nd season) or Gary Neal (don't know if he's worth that much) or maybe even Brooks.

We would also have our $2.68 mil Room MLE exception left to add another piece. So you'd have $3.4 mil of cap space and the $2.68 mil exception to add a quality point guard and possibly a quality backup center. Perhaps we simply take Brandon Haywood back in the deal for Lin and give whichever good shooting point guard is left on the market the remaining $1.4 million and just keep the Room MLE to use later on in the season.

What this means going forward is we can easily clear our books out for a run at a max free agent in 2014. We've got our shooter at the 1 (40+%) and we're set up to pursue another trade at the deadline....if one of Lamarcus/Love/Bosh goes on the market and we can also pursue a sign-and-trade after the season or flat-out go after a guy by signing him outright. Tradable assets are all the expiring and non-guaranteed salaries plus Omer plus one or possibly both of DMO/TJones. We can put together enough salary to trade for a $23 million player if we need to.

Lots of options if we can unload Lin.

9. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Yikes.

10. Dream McLandry

Call me crazy, but what about Dirk?

Howdy - I rarely post and have never started a thread so bash away if this is the stupidest idea ever (or if it's already been posted -I didn't find anything on the first couple pages of the GARM).

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine (not sure if the link will show the actual proposed trade or if I even pasted it correctly - sorry)

Lin/Asik for Dirk - trade accepted.

Why would Dallas do it? - Typically the Mavs would not want to trade w/in the division, however, they've struck out on all their free agent dreams the last several years. Perhaps they could talk the Rockets into including Motiejunas or a 1st rounder (both options also work on the trade machine). They'd do Dirk right (if that's what he wants) by sending him to a contender where his skills (elite P&R shooter, 3pt shooter) would fit nicely and they get some young talent in a decent PG, elite defensive/rebounding center and possibly D-Mo's or a pick's potential).

Why would Houston do it? - Because Dirk would fit perfectly with this team as our stretch four and he's only under contract for 2 years. At his age, he wouldn't need to be the #1 guy. He can shoot the 3 and space the floor alongside Dwight. The only negative I can think of is the impact on the defensive end since Asik's dominance will be gone and Dirk's never been a great defender.

All that being said, it seems like this would probably never happen since Nelson/Cuban would be ensuring their division rivals a great shot at a Championship, but perhaps it's not that crazy after all.

Thoughts?

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I suggested this to Mavs fans yesterday and even included D-Mo and picks and they get furious.

I don't think Cuban has the balls to do it unless Dirk requests it.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

What about him?

He's a Mav for life. Kobe won't leave the Lakers and Dirk won't leave the Mavs... Just like Paul Pierce will never leave the... oh wait...

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

On a buyout, waivers, amnesty, sure but Cuban will never trade Dirk and definitely not to Houston (or San Antonio).

14. loveofthegame44

I like it but 48 min of above average d might be more valuable.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Some players just wont leave...remember unlike Kobe, Dirk was willing to take a paycut to get more winners to the city...Kobe wont leave either, but he'll make sure to get his.

Dirk would be amazing on this team, but he would never leave:
    1. for Houston
    2. to play against Dallas 2 times a season
    3. would never screw over Cuban
    4. has a title that he can claim as his own against the Heat(of all teams).

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Dirk aint leaving. Dirk and Cuban jerk each other off every night. Their geys.

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

19. trock

trock Member

I don't see how Dallas can sell that to their fans. On this side, it's one of those trades that seems obviously good, but the more I think about it, there's something about it I don't like. Trying to imagine a lineup of Bev, Harden, Parsons, Dirk, Dwight ... something's wrong. Maybe the pace? Defensive rotations? Something.

I'm really hoping we keep a quick pace this season. I'm hoping Howard has a PnR revelation and we see Jones step up in the PF role.

20. GameChanger

GameChanger Member

did dream leave?