1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets going after Corey Brewer and Chicken Man Jr.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 1, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Doubt it was Houston but...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>League source said Dunleavy was offered upward of full MLE by at least 1 team, turned it down.</p>&mdash; Aggrey Sam (@CSNBullsInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/CSNBullsInsider/statuses/351872104603451392">July 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

Belinelli's an inefficient chucker. Dunleavy is an efficient multi-skilled player who Parsons could've learnt from, helped improve his game

One overlooked aspect about Dunleavy's game is his "quarterbacking" skills. Granger used to compliement him in interviews for helping to create better ball movement by being on floor. Dunleavy's presence would've helped the Rockets dealing with "sticky ball".

3. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Dunleavy would've been GREAT for the young Rockets. Rockets' loss.

4. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Bring Cisco back.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i dont mind dunleavy signing elsewhere. no real loss.

its better to steal a guy from a division or conference rival that a guy from the east.

6. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Mike D. Jr. is a solid fundamentals player. His best weapon is the backdoor cut. Not only is he a great 3-point shooter, but he moves really well without the ball and can cut to the basket for easy layups, whenever he finds an opening.
    That's something I wish Parson can pick up.

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Both were long shots anyway.

8. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Morey is handcuffed right now. He can't really sign anybody until Dwight makes his decision .... and it's going to take a long while.

9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Didn't even want this guy, I would rather have either Garcia or Delfino

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BXHCL5NDT8M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bring back Garcia - if only that shot had been the game winner!

11. prs325

prs325 Member

Brewer it is..

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Why on earth are we going after Brewer? He can't shoot. Has anyone watched this guy closely and sees something special; something I'm not seeing? I just don't get it.

According to Mark Stein-

Word is Corey Brewer, on top looming sitdown w/Rockets, drawing interest from New Orleans and Atlanta as well. Also: Denver wants him back

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One of the better defenders, but not so good shooter

role player mode activated... he does something well

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He is a high energy guy. He was the reason why Denver's bench was so good. Andre Miller to, but in almost every game he came in changed the tone when they were stagnante and going through the motions. He fits well with the young high octaine core we have.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

He's a good perimeter defender and it's well documented that DM covets a player that fits that description.

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

would rather have garcia back

17. Philosophia

Philosophia Member

I'm a huge fan of signing brewer regardless of whether we get Howard or not. He would be ideal coming off the bench in our high paced offense. As much as Parsons would run down the court after a change of possession and feast off those easy buckets, Brewer will do twice as much! Brewer is super fast! Alot of energy off the bench which what the rockets need. He's going to score easy buckets and that's important to have especially when your starters are resting. He has good perimeter defense and because of his size I would expect him to finish games if Rockets decide to go small ball (in that game). As far as his 3s go, I was a little shocked to see that it was only at 29%, but when watching the nuggets, it always seemed liked Brewer was doing well, especially from the corner 3. There also this article by CBS that talks about his excellent transition play for Denver last year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...the-art-of-the-leak-out-starring-corey-brewer

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Agreed. We need shooters. I'm sure Brewer would fit our transition game well and be a nice spark off the bench, but if we are building around Dwight, it's guys like Dunlevey, Delfino, and Garcia we need. If we can find a way to get Brewer and shooters, I'm all for it, but not at the expense of shooters. We lost our 2 best pure shooters this offseason. We need to fill that hole.

19. Chamillionaire

Brewer makes a lot of sense. He's 6'9. Long, athletic, great perimeter defender. He's 27. Same age as Dwight. Perfect backup for Parsons who is also a big wing.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Brewer may be as tall as parsons but theres a 40 pound difference between em lol idk how could guard 3's.