1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Tony Parker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketFan85, Feb 26, 2003.

1. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Yes Parker has Duncan on his team but you think that makes his "job" easy? Come on if you think it is easy than Fisher should be one of the worst players in the league because all he can do is jack up 3's and he has Shaq on his team. Anyway Parker not only gets his other teamates involved he has alot of heart. He backs down from no one and believe in himself. Earlier this year the Spurs coach(I forget his name Greg something) was saying Parker was not playing well and was hurting the team. Well Parker used that to pick up his game. Anyway Parker is 20 and how many 19 years old do you see playing PG in the playoffs for one of the top teams and scoring 20ppg in the playoffs?

2. ClockworkOrange

Ask Steve Francis? Duncan is an established big man in the NBA and Yao is a still work in progress. Different situation.

Love how people find little things to throw at Steve.

3. dn1282

dn1282 Member

some penetration ability????? I don't know what you've been smoking...but there isn't a defender in the league who Tony Parker can't leave in the dust. They say no one is quicker than Iverson...but I highly doubt that Tony Parker is any slower than AI.

4. dn1282

dn1282 Member

It's a lot easier to be a mature point guard when you pass to the big man everytime down the floor and have enough self control to resist trying to run an iso for yourself. We should ask both Steve and Cuttino.

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

He is. Your point?

6. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

Whoa, so many rose colored glasses used here to judge other team talent :D

FYI, Parker have just dropped 32 pts on one of league best PGs combo, Bibby and BoJax.

He did that while TD, the man who supposed to make life easier for him ( according to Rox fans ) spend much of his time on the bench , plagued by foul trouble ( playing for just 32 min, waaay below his avgs ).

Franchise, better sharpen your perimeter D, or TP would show you the truest meaning of humiliation !:p

7. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Yeah...Steve Francis, one who is in company of Oscar Robertson, Magic, and only few more(To average 18, 5, 5 in his first three seasons) is the one with something to prove.

TD better have TP's back or SF will show him some new tricks. OK?

:)

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

What bothers me is that Parker has ONE great game and everything thinks he is an ALL-Star material. Even when Griff has a great game, everbody still thinks he is a bust. I agree he is going to be a good PG but I think he is going to be maybe a good starter who wont have considerations for All-star status (ala Cassell). I dont know maybe its just me and i will get flamed for it in the very near future. :p

9. ZStomp

ZStomp New Member

Parker having one great game?? Uhh...I guess you haven't been watching the NBA this year have ya?

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

*cough* SPURS FAN *cough* :D

Seriously, this is ONE that has gotten national exposure for his play. I know he has been doing good all season (he is on one of my fantasy teams :) ) but I know that game will give him the most hype of his career.

11. montelwilliams

Great player. He knows his role on the team, unlike the Rockets.

12. MrSpur

MrSpur Member

I'm glad the Spurs have the "overrated" Tony Parker on their roster.

With regards to Kidd, it's hard to see any team pass on superstar talent when they have the ability to add that talent. If such a combo didn't work then a move could be made later. Much better than passing on Kidd for Olowokandi simply because Olowokandi would be filling a 'need'.

13. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Quick question. How is Tony Parker's defense? Can he hold his own? While I know he is young and bound to make rookie mistakes, does he have a clue on defense or is he comporable to Steve Francis?

14. dn1282

dn1282 Member

Let's just say he's not any worse than Francis. Probably not better than SF, but definitely not any worse.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Who doesn't know their role, if you are referring to Francis, his role is he is still the man on this team, sure he hasn't had a great season, but he's been the man since he's been here, and he's had a successful season in that role, the whole team is adjusting to the addition of Ming and other lineup changes.