1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Lorenzen Wrights daughter passes away

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by skymaster187, Mar 2, 2003.

1. skymaster187

skymaster187 Member

This is common but has not been explained why so many babies die in their crib,

Wright Flies Home After 11-Month-Old Daughter Dies

.c The Associated Press

DALLAS (March 1) -- Sierra Wright, the 11-month-old daughter of Memphis Grizzlies center Lorenzen Wright, died Saturday morning at the family's home in Memphis, Tenn.

According to the Shelby County Sheriff's Department, Wright's wife, Sherra, checked on the child in her crib at about 10:30AM ET and discovered that the baby wasn't breathing.

She then took Sierra, the youngest of the couple's five children, to the hospital. Doctors could not revive her and she was pronounced dead.

Wright had flown with the team from Memphis following Friday night's 126-116 victory over Miami for Saturday night's game at Dallas.

Wright's family attended the Miami game and the children had been in the locker room after the game. Wright, 27, flew back to Memphis after learning of his daughter's death.

"We're deeply sadden by the death of Lorenzen's infant daughter,'' Grizzlies' spokesman Kirk Clayborn said. "Our primary concern is to offer our support to a friend and teammate.''

Memphis players wore armbands with Wright's number 42 for Saturday night's game as a show of support.

2. JamesC

JamesC Member

Thats horrible news. My heart goes out to him and his family.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's extremely sad to hear such news.My heartfelt condolences are with Mr.Wright and his family.

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

That's terrible new, condolences to the family. It's scary to think that it is common. Man, I just imagine how anybody copes with losing a baby.

5. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

I was watching NBA.com tv last night and they said Wright's daughter was tragically pronounced dead but they never said what happened. I've been looking all over to find out what exactly happened. And you're right. Its scary knowing its common and its pretty much an everyday thing. I couldn't live with losing my own flesh and blood like that. I just couldn't. All my support and condolences goes out to Lorenzen and his family.

RIP Sierra Wright

6. montelwilliams

My condolences are with Mr. Wright and his family. He and his family are in my prayers.

7. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Condolences to the Wright family.

You have to wonder that maybe the design of the crib is at fault. Maybe not in this situation, but to think that a baby is so small and that the bars on the outside of the crib sometimes aren't, disturbs me.

Although, this isn't a choking or sufficating incident related to the crib bars, it sounds like Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Truly a mystery, tragically.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

RIP little one.

9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

horrible news........my prayers go out to the family :(

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

My deepest sympathies and condolences to the Wright Family

Rocket River

11. Rocketman95