1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors win 4 straight? Talkin' PLAYOFFS?!? WTF???

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swopa, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

Okay, so they're not really talking playoffs, but it is in the back of their minds that they're closer than anyone thought they had a right to be.

The Warriors are 19-12 since Christmas, and 28-30 overall. Just so you understand how meaningful this is, they haven't been that close to .500 this late in the season since they traded Tim Hardaway seven years ago. And they just finished back-to-back over-.500 months for the first time since Chris Webber was a rookie nine years ago.

So, big deal if they have a tough schedule in March that'll make it a challenge to finally break even, much less seriously threaten to pass both Houston and Phoenix for the last playoff spot. After all this time, it's just nice to be back in the NBA. :cool:

2. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

:) I hope they don't go crazy. Pheonix will make it. :(

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

congrats swopa, I know the warriors' fans have been waiting for something good to happen for quite some time. The way the Rox are playing now I wouldn't be upset if GS passed them up in the standing, they'd deserve it.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Congrats on having a good team to cheer for, Swopa. I wish the Rockets could learn a little of the Warriors hard work and aggressive play.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

For those of you don't know him, Swopa is that Golden State Warrior fan who never gives up hope... until the end of the season when reality sets in. :)

6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

(all with exasperated high pitched voice) Playoffs, Playoffs? You want to talk about the playoffs? Playoffs?

-Jim Mora explains the Warriors thought process about making the postseason

:D

7. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Give us Troy Murphy.

:(

8. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

Playoffs? Don't talk about PLAYOFFS?! You kidding me? Playoffs? I hope we can win a game...another game.

I don't care who you play, whether it's a high school team, a junior college team, a college team, much less an NFL team. When you turn the ball over five times, four interceptions, one for a touchdown, three others to set up field position to set up touchdowns you ain't going to beat anybody I just talked about. That was a disgraceful performace in my opinion. We threw the game, we gave it away by doing that. We gave them the fricken game and in my opinion that sucks. You know? You can't turn the ball away five times like. Holy crap, I don't know who in the hell we think we are when we do something like that. Unbelievable. Five turnovers, one of em...we threw four interceptions for touchdowns this year that might be an NFL record! Hell we got six games....five...five....we still got six games to play no telling what might happen. That's pitiful, it's absolutely pitifulto perform like that. If our defense didn't play halfway defense against a great offensive football team they might have scored sixty! That's it!

(I love the Colts, but I was on the floor laughing at that)

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The Warriors will pass up the Rockets, that much is certain...

10. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Swopa -

Congrats on having a really enjoyable team to watch. I think Eric Musselman should be given some major kudos for what he had done to get the Warriors to play like a team. I saw a half time interview with Troy Murphy and he seems very focused.

Apart from the obviously solid play of the starters, the GSW bench must also be a source of joy for Warrior fans - Boykins is far outplaying Moochie, Dunleavy Jr. is starting to get comfortable, Foyle has taken his game up a notch, Jiri Welch is going to get there with more PT and Bobby Sura is getting a truckload of assists from the SG spot. (Of course, you already knew this, I was just stating it for the Rox fans who may not have yet taken the opportunity to watch some real nice team bball being played).

IMO, the only downside is keeping the team together and not spending a boatload of money on contracts. Jamison and Dampier make up about $20m of the $42m cap and Fortson makes alot of money for a regular member of the DNP list.

Enjoy the season!

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I have been very impressed with the Warriors. I think a lot of credit goes to their new coach, Mussellman. He has the team focused, believing they can win and brings a positive attitude to the team. He should get COY votes. He has made a difference!

I love the play of Troy Murphy. This is a guy who busted his ass over the summer to get better (shoot better, put on weight etc) and gets rewarded with a starting spot on the team. What a novel concept! The guy just hustles.

The backcourt for the Warriors is athletic and getting better (shooting better, making better decisions). I hope the Warriors can resign Arenas but I doubt it. :(

It is nice to see the Warriors get better. Hopefully they won't pass the Rockets! :D

Chris

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Swopa,

Have you been going to games? I haven't yet, but I've really been wanting to. A lot of my buddies have started going. How big are the crowds? What's the atmosphere like?

13. 101 6 7

101 6 7 Member

"Thank god we don't have to play these guys again". - Tony Parker after the Spurs last game w/G.S.

14. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

From one game that I've been to (against the T-Wolves), the atmosphere seems great. The crowds seem relatively big for a team considered one of the worst, but I don't think it's sold out often, if at all.

15. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

i love golden state, they are fun to watch, they play good, and finally they are a good team that plays like a TEAM :eek:

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I'm going when the Rox come to town. Gotta love that BART access, makes going to the Arena a snap. At the first Rox game the atmosphere was great. There was a large crowd of Yao fans that the Warrior fans would boo. A couple of Rocket fan kids tried to sneak in and sat by me, but it was the most crowded I have ever seen it, so the real ticketholders came and they got booted. The Arena went a little overboard with the Chinese stuff, but it was a great experience. I also maintained my perfect record when attending Rocket games and saw one of the best performances of Cato's career. Too bad Cat was out. Well, chalk up another Rox win on March 21st, 'cause Hydra is gonna be in the house.

17. tozai

tozai Member

Right now I'd rather watch your team than ours...

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I bet E Muss wins the coach of the year. Don't bet me please.

But he has them thinking that this team can win. Sure, not right now, but soon, they can be a damn good team. I still don't think they will make the playoffs next year, but maybe in two years, they should be a team to be wrecking with. Hopefully, egos don't clash, and they should be playoff contenders for a couple of years.

19. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

Make that 5 in a row. They've got a good chance at making it 7 in a row, or 6 out of 7 at worst with games against Indy and Chicago next.