1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why we love the 1999ers!

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by tinman, May 4, 2008.

Tags:
?

Why are the 1999ers so special?

1. They started it, they were the O.G.s

34 vote(s)
    31.2%
  2. They are PURE ROCKET fans, no country, player biased

29 vote(s)
    26.6%
  3. God told them to create and support Clutchfans

18 vote(s)
    16.5%
  4. They are old school but relevant today like tupac

28 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Welcome back DD

We're all in the same gang

2. VanityHalfBlack

10 yrs too late??

3. Orange

Orange Member

This thread is Retarted. Who cares what time you joined a fan site. I bet theres hard core Rockets fan out there that dont even know Clutchfans exist.

4. Granville

Granville Member

Who gives a ****?

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek:

[​IMG]

6. tinman

Supporting Member

that's not the point. the point is to give props to your peeps.

So if Ice T gives props to Ice Cube, Dre, Rakim, and DJ Quik, does that mean he thinks all the other rappers are no good?

No he's just giving them props.

7. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I appreciate the original core group, and here's why.

Aside from the fact that they started an amazing community, the guys (and gals) who are still active demonstrate a tremendous amount of patience and have a long term strategic view of how to keep this board vibrant and relevant for years to come.

Here's what I hallucinate has happened over the years...

Led by Clutch, they started CF, worked out protocols, set out standards of behavior, talked basketball, worked through financial and organizational issues, raised money, talked some more basketball but at a higher level, came to a common understanding on all kinds of things, and had more heated debates but always guided by the leadership to do so respectfully.

Then some new people joined. Some of the issues that had already been settled came up again because the new people didn't realize these things were settled. Basketball games were discussed in a knee jerk fashion because these newbies didn't have the benefit of having worked through these types of discussions beforehand, although there were a small number who could discuss basketball at a deeper level.

And as every new season approached, a new crop of CF members invaded the board repeating the same discussions, asking the same questions, making the same assumptions, and telling the coaches and front office how they should be running the team.

In my few months here, I've said my share of stupid newbie things, and repeated things that didnt need repeating. And throughout, I have been encouraged by old timers to stay relevant and respectful. Next year, I hope to remember their example and do my share to help the 2013/14 newbies to integrate and be positive contributing members. So, thank you 1999ers, for your patience with us newbies, and for making this an amazing community. (and also to the other old timers who have demonstrated leadership).

1 person likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

the 99ers love all Rockets fans !

(not bulls or knicks or magic)

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Lol. I'm speechless

10. tomato

tomato Member

Thank you for making me a 99er