1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to play Cook > Douglas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LBJ-Tmac, Nov 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Cook did ok tonight when he made a few 3s but he made a ton of bad decisions. He forced a lot of bad shots and tries to make plays and instead throw the ball away a few times. Cook isn't a PG but I much rather have both of them play limited minutes. It feel like both Cook and Douglas loses their mind when they are on the court.

2. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Cook needs to practice shooting and you sir need to work on your spelling.

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Douglas wouldn't start in the Filipino D-League

4. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

i dont mind him shooting because the shots he was taking were as bad as the shots we were getting. it was either that or harden trying to drive against a double team or lin driving to the basket only to kick it out to someone who's not open. our half court offense isnt good and kicking it out to a career 3pt%365 isnt the worst option on the floor unfortunately.

ALSO, why are people clamoring for delfino? delfino jacks up 3s too. cook actually looks more active on the floor. honestly id rather have cook on the floor rather than delfino in my opinion. call me a COF if ya want

5. s3ts

s3ts Member

i don't care about this comparison.

i just want Tony Douglas to be benched until further notice of improvement.

6. nono

nono Member

He must be taller than 90% of the players in the Filipino league.

7. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

But all the filipino players I know can shoot and dribble. TD can do neither.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

any cook dunk highlights?

9. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Let's be honest with ourselves. Courtney Fortson or Toney Douglas?

I'm still not so sure ...

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Contractually right now its Douglas. He puts the Rockets in a way better trade situation with his 2Mil expiring contract. Those sized contracts expiring will be great come trade deadline. Thats the only reason why Toney is still on this team. Make no bones about it.

11. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

They could bring him in at the end of games for defensive reasons.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Cook is awful. Any time he takes more than one dribble something has gone really, really wrong on offense.

TD isn't any better though I guess. Rockets just don't have any good options for backup PG.

13. Luca

Luca Member

Lol, some people here think that he is a better defender tha Lin.

14. VeloCity

VeloCity Member

Kelvin Sampson thinks that too. Imagine if they start to play Douglas over Lin to close games. Wait, they've done that multiple times.

15. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

thunder should have at least gave us reggie jackson instead of brian cook. yeah he's another jonny flynn type of player, but he would have been fun to watch whenever he assigned him to d league. thart guy never comes off the bench in okc. friggin jeremy lamb gets more PT than him.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

too many cooks

[​IMG]

17. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

cook and Douglas it seems look not so good cause they lack playing time i think..i believe they can get better...and it seems coaching staff have faith in them also...if its not only to give them showcasing time for trade...

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

cook isnt a backup pg. coach should let cook compete for minutes with delfino for the backup 2/3. after the last game he made a good impression.

in some games cook and harden could take the backcourt with harden playing point. i admit i thought cook was done in terms of meaningful minutes. he still got something in the tank.

but he's never been a backup pg with okc and miami. always played the 2/3

19. Lihao

Lihao Member

Douglas doing something all of our players can't do(to be the best in the league). he's leading the league in FT% :grin:

20. HipHopSince1981

This.

Douglas looks lost out there. I wouldn't mind having Cook in when Lin is out because Harden handles the ball for the most part anyways