1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Houston Texans Mock

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Truth, Jan 25, 2003.

1. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Which is ridiculous since he's a one-dimensional S. Adam Archuleta was able to be a mid-1st for the Rams in 2001, because he ran a 40 under 4.4.

Polamalu probably runs around 4.6.

2. Possum

Possum Member

4.58 is what I have read on many different sites. IMO he should go somewhere in the early to mid second round.

3. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

4.58 speed + very little cover experience= toasted in the NFL

4.58 is decent for a SS, however if the SS has very little to no coverage skills/instincts, then it would be like having a 4.8 guy guarding a WR.

There aren't many teams in the NFL who are in the market for DBs who need to be taken out of pass situations. That is almost akin to drafting a QB who can't throw, but is good at making handoffs.

4. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Andre Johnson would be a nice pick up, but I wish Roy Williams came out. Man he would have been perfect! I would be happy with Andre Johnson but don't you thnk we could trade down for him? I think we should go for Terrell Suggs the DE from Arizona State. After seeing the Ravens win the Super Bowl on Defense and the Bucs win it this year I think we need to get a great D.

My Texans first two picks so far.

Round 1. Terrell Suggs DE Arizona State
    Round 2. Ty Warren DT from Texas A&M (or Cory Redding)

I heard Ron Dayne wants out of New York, so I would like to bring him the the Texans.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Ron Dayne is a good gamble. I actually think he's be perfect for the wide open offenses like K.C., Oakland, and Pittsburgh. They can create some space for him to rumble. But all three have good rb's already. The Texans would need to open up the offense a little for him to have success on a regular basis. But even so, he'd make a good short yardage back. He's better than what we have now.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dayne's agent brought this up, but Dayne denied it and the Giants supposedly have very little desire to trade him because they consider him high quality/low cost as a backup for Tiki Barber.

7. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Having gone to Arizona State, I can attest that Terrell Suggs is a BAD ASS.

However, he should be moved to OLB.

8. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Suggs should be an OLB only in a 3-4, in a 4-3 he is meant to be an end IMO.

I would not take Andre Johnson with a top 3 pick (anything less than 10 reaally), no way. Rogers maybe though. There are some promising RBs that should be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Bolden is a talent, for sure.

9. mduke

mduke Member

Boldin is a SERIOUS talent. He would've been better than a lot of the regular starting QB's in the country last year too.....

10. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Ya that's what I meant for the most part. I was looking at it from a Texans point of view, where we use the 3-4.

In a 4-3, he's a 3rd down pass rusher. His run defense has improved, but he's way too undersized to play every down.

11. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Ron Dayne would be great in the Zack Crockett type role. 3rd and goal inside the 5 he can put it in the end zone.