1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AP poll: A slight majority of Americans are now expressing negative view of blacks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BornTexan, Oct 28, 2012.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As PGabs pointed out, this is a stupid post. Nobody is playing the racism card except perhaps the thread started who started a thread about race. He then posted some racist things.

It wasn't anyone on the left that played the race card here. Please get a grip.

2. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

lol what an idiot

3. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

did your buddy cut the debt in half?

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Did he create a $16 trillion dollar debt? No. Did he attempt to fight 2 wars, one started on a whim and a lie in Iraq, while cutting taxes, again and again? For the first time in the history of the United States of America? Adding trillions to that debt, and still adding to the debt as President Obama winds them down? No. And he isn't FB's "buddy." He's the gosh darn President of the United States, chump.

#64 Deckard, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

He's not my buddy in any way, shape, or form. But President Obama slowed the growth of the federal budget to the lowest rate since Eisenhower. That's a fact. And he recorded some of the first negative annualized rates of that budget in my lifetime, as far as I can tell (2011, CBO-projected 2013.)

If you hate the debt, you must really hate Reagan and GW Bush, the kerosene of our national debt pyre. That would mean you have any logic or willingness to look at plain facts. But please don't let facts get in the way of your hatred; that would complicate the efforts of adults to leave you in the nineteenth century, where you will be most comfortable.

1 person likes this.
  6. bmb4516

bmb4516 Member

This is such a completely intellectually dishonest argument. Yes, he slowed the rate of growth. That's because in the FY the year before Obama's "first" budget, spending jumped up an extra $800 billion due to TARP. Obama should also get credit for 3/4's of the FY2009 budget, since Bush only signed a 3 month CR. Barack Obama has spent more money (INCLUDING DEFENSE) in four years than Bush did in eight.

7. B-Bob

Wow. I'm not *even* a wonk or political scientist, but you are begging for it with that recycled rebuttal to the Forbes column.

Bush spent 20.8 trillion in his eight budget years.
    Obama (including 2013 projection and including the stimulus) will have spent 14.7 trillion in his four years. So you are saying 20.8 < 14.7. So this oft-repeated GOP talking point is simply wrong on the facts.

Here ya go:
    http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/budget.php
    You are also, speaking of intellectual dishonesty, forgetting that Bush neglected to put the wars on the books, so Obama's budgets are at that extra disadvantage.

Speaking further of intellectual dishonesty, check out a sanguine analysis of Romney's use of numbers. Disgusting.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yL4nbeW7mVs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#67 B-Bob, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  8. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

What's so freaking hilarious is that black folk keep voting for Democrats while b****ing about how terrible their lives are. LMAO.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

yup - since their votes are automatic, politicians have limited incentive to go out of their way to help them

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

TARP makes that a pointless statistic.

11. bmb4516

bmb4516 Member

Point. I misstated in my rush.

*Added more to the debt.*

He has not spent more (although he's on pace for a 50% increase over 43 in an apples to apples comparison).

My bad. I'm better than that.

12. bmb4516

bmb4516 Member

This is total bunk. Just because the wars were funded in supplemental appropriations doesn't mean they are somehow off the books.

They are counted at the end of the fiscal year just like everything else.

AND Obama has used supplementals as well. http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2010/07/28/4768524-obama-agenda-war-supplemental-passes?lite

13. B-Bob

Well, they are counted by nonpartisan sources, for sure, and they were counted by the site and data I listed, so...

My turn to say my bad! Have educated myself on the left wing "off budget" talking point now with further reading. Cheers, and thanks for the good attitude on the other bits of math.

1 person likes this.
  14. bmb4516

bmb4516 Member

Cheers!

15. B-Bob

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Again, it's you that are playing the race card with this post. It doesn't really make that much sense to me. I don't find your statement true.

I understand why most black folk would vote Democrat. It's because the last Republican president we had appointed outwardly racist people to the Justice department and to head up civil rights. It's because Republicans have a lot of tolerance for racist supporters of their party.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

This post added nothing to the conversation. It was a meaningless insult form someone who can't even explain why he thought anything posted was idiotic.

Keep going. You're making yourself look great and like you really know what you're talking about.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Nothing I posted was really about President Obama. Move it to one of the threads that talks about that, if you'd like a discussion.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

WOW!! I'm freaked out! I'm going to have to tell the Black District Attorney on my trivia team that his life sucks! He might have to quit coming to the pub for our weekly game, because he's going to be so depressed.

GOD SAVE US ALL!!!!

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

This is a great post. I think it speaks to the need for desegregation. When somebody thinks most black folks just complain about their life sucks, then they need more integration so they can see the truth.