1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Early Voting in Texas is October 22 – November 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Nov 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Texas early voting is from October 22 to November 2. In other words, it ends this Friday. Regardless of your political persuasion, or lack of one, you should exercise your right to vote. Avoid lines on November 6th and vote now.

2. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Done and done. Be warned, though: I was told there was a severe shortage of "I Voted" stickers in the Austin area. Act quickly before they run out!

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

FYI, there may still be lines where you go vote. We waited in line for about 75 minutes to cast votes that do not matter. Ahhh, democracy. :)

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I waited MAYBE 5 minutes at the voting station off of west gray.

5. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Planning to do it this afternoon. Seems like there are alot more places around town to early vote this time around. That is a good thing!

6. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Voted straight pub.

get this idiot out of office now.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Voted on Monday at the Shriners Club near Anderson and Burnet. Only took about 20 mins to get through the line (and I got a sticker!)

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

Yes i agree with deckard everyone should go vote no matter who you vote for just do it.

9. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Texas has the lowest voter turnout in the US.

People in Texas should change that.

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

What day did you go, and what time of day? TIA....

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Great replies. I hope more people are voting early. You've got today and tomorrow, and that's it. I'm not saying who I voted for. I'll let people guess. ;-)-

12. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I voted last Thursday at the community center on Wirt Rd in Spring Branch. Lines were horrible at lunch, but they moved fast, and I got it done.

13. Pushkin

Pushkin Member

I voted downtown on Tuesday at 12:30 and there were only 3 people in line in front of me. That is much better than doing it on election day.

14. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Voted at work during my break at Brackenridge hospital last Thursday. They're doing early voting at a couple of the Seton hospitals until this Friday. Vote for Prop 1 :grin:

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Voted last week in Bear Creek. Went in around 2pm and it was about an hour wait. No stickers... :(

16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I went on Tuesday, my wife went yesterday around 2pm and waited maybe 5 minutes. She said the line moved very quickly.

17. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I voted for Kodos.

18. esteban

esteban Member

Voted last week in Rosenberg and saw a couple of people blatanly TRYING to commit voter's fraud. Everyone in lines had no problems coming up with either their registration or driver's license except for these two people.

One was a female and the other was a male. Neither one of them can come up with any form of IDs. When questioned by poll workers, they could not even come up with an address. Props to that one paricular poll worker(an old lady in blue). She politely and firmly told them to go and speak to a supervisor and did not let them vote. They left the building without speaking to a supervisor.

All of us in lines gave that lady an ovation.

Esteban should have kicked both of their asses.

It was a great day last Thursday.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Having no stickers is unacceptable! We wear ours all day and then stick them on the fridge. Gotta have stickers.

20. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I'll get my voting done after work today. No way in hell I'm waiting until the madhouse that is Election Day (which I kinda wish was a holiday).