1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas State vs Houston

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Aug 27, 2012.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

You know, the last 10 years have been extremely kind to the Cougars. So, I'm not really all that upset. You gotta take the good with the bad. Congrats to TSU. Bench Piland please.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I went to both UH and Texas State and I root for both teams. I graduated from Texas State so I root for them more. I was pleased that Texas State's first game was against the Coogs and though I'm a UH supporter, I'm happy that the Bobcats won their first FBS game here in Houston.

I wasn't high on the Levine hire and I wasn't high on any subsequent hires that he made. It seemed like reaches and downgrades all around. From a team that finished last season in the Top 20, it should've have had to be that way. I think tonight you saw what effect that has on a team. Maybe the team isn't as talented as the one from last year, but following the Bobcats, there's no reason UH should have had too much trouble, let alone lose by 17. UH is probably lucky Fran started trying to run the clock as soon as the 2nd half began. Piland looked awful, but you have to look at the coaches after a loss like that.

Anyway, GO BOBCATS! Time to pull another shocker in the home opener and beat Texas Tech in San Marcos next week.

3. Poloshirtbandit

Not sure what the depth chart is, but our other options are Crawford Jones and Bram Kolhausen.

4. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Levine was at best the 3rd choice. Dave Christensen and Sonny Dykes both turned down the job. Levine was the special teams coach. Never ran a offense or defense. Smh.

5. 713

713 Member

hahahahaahhahaha what a joke...just kill the football program at UH.. what a Disgrace.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Rofl, what a cupcake defense.

7. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Not sure if this is true but I read on reddit if you put $100 on tx state moneyline tonight you would have won over 10k..Anyone know what the odds were? I know UH was a 34 pt favorite but wow

8. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

9. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

The only one here that is a disgrace is you. Did some UH football player give you a swirly and take your lunch money?

10. 713

713 Member

haha why u mad though...bobcats didn't whoop that ass hard enough??

11. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

UH isn't even my college football team. Sure, I like for them to win because they are local, but I don't really have a rooting interest.

Every post I see from you is a slam on UH that is of the nanny nanny boo boo variety. It just gets old fast.

Maybe if I were really clever, I would change my user name to 281 or 832. That would be soooo clever. I'd totally be the bomb.

12. 713

713 Member

I just can't stand UH football. Never Liked them and never will. People around here tend to overrate them and think they can compete nationally. In honesty I don't even think they have the balls to play a top 25 team..

13. SK34

SK34 Member

713, you're a joke...smh

somebody should create a thread where you can "call someone out" ... like a member... is that allowed? if it is .. then I will.

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I guess this is why you don't promote a position coach after losing a four year starting quarterback. I have to assume the Athletic Department must either really be in the red or just saving up for a big hire two or three years from now, which is fine.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Fran. D2 frat school. Axe body spray and Affliction shirts. Lulz.

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Shut it aggy.

There's only one question left to ask after this game - are the Texas State fightin' Frans a great team... Or the greatest team???

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Levine may be a short termer; no excuse for losing like this, none. Talent wise, the players can't be that bad. This is on the coaches.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Damn I ended up not going last minute because of the rain. I missed out.

19. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Last year there were several close calls and near losses. But the difference is the team had Case to engineer miracles runs and 30 sec scoring drives. It's almost as if the coaches came in expecting a win whether or not they played at their best, and thought they could just keep rolling into the season.

Hopefully this is a wake-up call that the team cannot sleepwalk at all this season. They're gonna have to fight for every single inch.

Wasn't expecting 13-1 again and a conference title may be a stretch, but it would be utterly depressing for their final season at Robertson and CUSA to go out with a whimper. Not exactly the type of confidence you want heading into a better conference next year.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

All I've been thinking about since posting this was UT in Spring of '98. They'd brought in Mack Brown, but they still had to pay Mackovic, so he was like "Special Assistant to the President" or something; and Penders was probably poised to turn UT into a perennial tourney team, but went nuts and released Luke Axtell's transcript. Two fires and hires they probably weren't planning on a year earlier, and they had resources to not only make it happen but to vastly upgrade on both counts. When you remember how long we stuck with Helton and consider what we've spent on (much needed) campus improvements over the years, you have to realize we'll never have the resources to play BCS conference ball.