1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paging all billionaires...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by drapg, Jan 12, 2003.

1. drapg

drapg Member

Report: Kohl interested in selling Bucks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Associated Press

MILWAUKEE -- Milwaukee Bucks owner Herb Kohl is willing to sell a majority interest in the team.

Kohl, a Democratic senator from Wisconsin, has asked a New York investment banking firm and NBA commissioner David Stern to help him assess the franchise and its value, and help identify people or investor groups that would have an interest in the team, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Sunday.

Kohl has said that he was open to having a minority investor in the franchise, which he bought in March 1985 for $18 million. He has also said he wanted a minority or majority owner who would demonstrate a commitment to keeping the team in Milwaukee.

"I'm not aware of anyone making an offer right now,'' Kohl was quoted as telling the newspaper. "David Stern is doing some prospecting.''

Messages left by The Associated Press at the Bucks' and Kohl's offices were not immediately returned.

Kohl said there was no timetable for selling the team, nor did he know who might emerge as an investor.

"I just can't tell you when it will happen,'' Kohl said. "And I can't assure you whether new ownership will be at 30 percent, 40 percent, 50 percent or higher.''

The Bucks are struggling this season with declining attendance and are 16-20, 10½ games behind Central Division-leading Indiana.

Kohl said the team's struggles were not the reason for his decision to seek investors.

"If the team had won a championship last year, I still would have wanted the process to unfold,'' he said.

2. Looogie

Looogie Member

Paging Mr. Bird and Belkin

3. Timing

Timing Member

I might be interested. Think he'd take a check?

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I bet the team struggling has something to do with it.

If they had the best record in the league i bet you would not see this column.:eek:

5. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

Forget check, what about credit?