1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers #9 in west now

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by lancet, Jan 12, 2003.

1. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

With the win tonight, Lakers is 17-20, sitting #9 in WC, 2.5 games behind T-wolves. WC #3 and #8 are tightly packed, with 4 games apart from #3 to #8. The fight for the #8 this year will be ugly!

Imagine Dallas fight all season long to get #1 seed and then to face the Lakers. I think Lakers will take out Mavs in a 5-game series.

2. cujo

cujo Member

I think Mavs will be worried if lakers get 8th seed. Thay may just have to lose some games to fall in standings to avoid them. I'm sure this is a concern of the Mavs. Lakers are not going to just go out without a fight. Mavs atill has not beaten the Lakers or the kINGS.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The ones who should worry is the Rockets if they think these gimmie games with loser teams are already won!

The bubble is pretty intense this year. Just like it was a couple years ago...

4. Looogie

Looogie Member

Best chance to take out the Lakers in the playoffs is in 5 games.

5. mhan

mhan Member

mavs and the kings won't want to face the lakers first round, but i seriously doubt the lakers want to face the mavs or the kings first round either, especially without homecourt advantage. i doubt any team gets what it wants come playoff time.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I keep alternating between the fear of Lakers making the playoffs and the fear of Lakers missing the playoffs and winning the Lebron sweepstake. :eek:

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Lakers won't be an 8th seed.

I say 4 or 5.

8. 101 6 7

101 6 7 Member

....looking at the schedules, a weak after the all-star break!

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If I were the Mavs or Kings, I'd want to meet the Lakers in the first round. Exorcise the demons early and then roll to the championship. How much fear can a 7th or 8th seed Laker team instill in a team like Dallas or Sacramento? Both teams are better and more experienced than last year and the Lakers are noticeably worse. I don't think they will be carrying much mystique into the playoffs unless they somehow come in at #3 or something (which I don't see happening).

10. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

We aren't even half way into the season....predictions on what the playoff seedings will be are a bit premature, no?

The lakers will shape up, and be in the playoffs. I'd imagine higher than an 8 seed. But we can always wish......

11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I agree, the Lakers are on their way back and will be at least the 4th or 5th seed and I wouldnt be surprised to see them at the 3rd seed

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Well, it looks like the Lakers will take the Rockets place in the playoffs...

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

No, the Sonics maybe. Or the Wolves. Or Blazers. Maybe even the blasted Jazz.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It won't matter if we can take the T-wolves' place. Of wait, we're already leading the T-wolves. Maybe the Lakers will get on such a hot streak they will take two seeds.

15. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Dang, what the heck happened to Seattle? Weren't they 8-2 at one point??

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Rox beat them when they were 'good'. What will happen when next they meet?

17. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Damnit, Utah is messing everything up!

With about 11 playoff-quality teams in the west, the Suns, Jazz and Sonics were supposed to be the odd men(teams) out.

Just another reason to hate Utah.

18. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yep. It's the Phoenix Suns who are really ****ing everything up. I didn't even have them in the playoff picture before the season started.