1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nets got humiliated so bad

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cmellon, Jan 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. cmellon

cmellon Member

by Kings. 3rd quarter: 96-58. Can you believe this? Is Kings that good?

2. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Wow came here to post about the game myself...

Now its 101-62 half way through the 4th.

Maybe we are seeing that the best in the East really isnt saying much when compared to the west.

3. CY02

CY02 Member

The Nets don't match up well with the Kings. They play the same type of game as the Kings but with much less talent. No surprise really. The only way you can give the Kings trouble is to slow it down and play a half court inside outside game.

4. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Just goes to show how weak the east is to the west, going to be awhile until the east becomes the conference to beat

5. moomoo

moomoo Member

If what you're saying is true, then the Knicks loss was all the more horrible.

6. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Man, I didn't expect Nets to tumble so badly. Nets, Kings, and Mavs are my three favorite 3 teams with their offensive style. If Rockets can play like these three, there is no team can stop us.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Nets were just having a bad night. Sure, the Kings are a better team than the Nets. But no way they are THAT MUCH better.

The Nets were riding a 10-game streak. They were due for a big loss. Did the Mavs lose a big one after the almost-record-breaking 14-game streak?

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What a fun game to watch. The Kings put on a Total Clinic out there! The Kings Fast Break was awesome! The Nets just could not recover! The Nets ususally use the Fast Break to score a ton of points but met up with a team that does the exact same thing and got pounded!

Chris

9. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

This is just simply reaffirming what we already know, and thats that the East blows. They can't help it, they just were not made to compete with the West.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Another thing that this confirms is that Rick Adelman is a completely underrated coach. He's got this team playing with the passion, energy, and precision of his old Portland teams. Does he have some talent? You bet. But watch his teams move the ball -- it's really gorgeous.

11. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I don't agree with this, to me they have very different styles. The Nets are a defensive, physical oriented team, the Kings are offensive, finese oriented team.

I agree with this. It was just 1 regular season game where one team was hot and the other cold. Whether the loss was by 15 or 30 or 45 doesn't mean much, once the game is out of reach the rest doesn't mean much.

Personally, when healthy and fully integrated--neither of which is true for the Nets right now, I think the Nets could give the Mavs or the Kings a nice run in a 7 game championship series because in the playoffs games tend to get a little more physical and defensive. With Mutumbo the Nets are a great defensive team. The key for them is getting wing production from Jefferson, Kittles, Harris, Rogers and maybe a little something from Childs. The complete Nets team is deep and formidable--and they have yet to fully integrate their parts. The team the Nets can't match-up with is the Lakers-- if the Lakers can return to form, because they can match the Nets physical, defensive oriented ball if it does become a slow tempo brute game, plus have two far superior offensive weapons than the Nets do when the team offenses are broken down in such games. But again I like how the Nets could match-up with the Kings or Mavs because they do have contrasting styles where whomever dictates the tempo could win.

12. CY02

CY02 Member

We shouldn't play like them. Not with a dominant center like Yao. Although I hate them, we better learn playing like Lakers.

13. CY02

CY02 Member

What game are you watching? Kidd likes to run and the likes of Jefferson and Kenyon Martin get most of their pts off fast break dunks/lay-ups. They don't have a good enough inside force to play a slow-it-down half-court game.

14. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Why should be play like Lakers? We got much more talent than them!

15. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

You realize the forte of the Nets when healthy (with Mutumbo) is defense and providing a physical presence throughout their line-up don't you? You realize the strength of the Kings is their offensive ball movement and offensive skill in usually at least 4 positions on the floor don't you? If you realize these things you realize their styles are vastly different and tempo and the type of game played would be very important a match-up between them.

Yes, Kidd and the Nets do like to run, they do this because their defense causes turnovers, and like you said they are not so hot offensively in the half court. But they certainly would not want to get in a run and gun game with Kings or Mavs where the other teams runs a lot on them for instance, that would not favor them. But a slow it down, defensive, physical oriented game, where the Nets slectively run off of bad shots or turnovers--yes that kind of game could work to their advantage.

16. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

People that think the Nets-Kings game really mattered look at last year when the Nets humiliated them in a similar fashion. They had a bad game. It happens to every team. I'm sure every West-homer was saying the East is much stronger than the West then. :rolleyes:

17. CY02

CY02 Member

What did I say we have less talent than Lakers? I just think that our personnel are much similar to the 3-peat Lakers than Kings and Mavs. We simply don't have the players to play like Kings and Mavs.

18. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

i wonder how in the world did we beat the kings.....