1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Sources: New trade offer in works (for Dwight Howard)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Jul 13, 2012.

1. joesr

joesr Member

.....fml.....

Please, Les, just rebuild!!! I will go to more games!!!!

2. smr6

smr6 Member

Ric "You a Rockets fan?" Bucher would never say anything to discredit the Rockets in any way, shape, or form!

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Winston Churchill > Quotes

Morey: "Mr. Hennigan, will you trade me Dwitght if I give you all my young players and take all your bad contracts?"

Mr. Hennigan " Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "

Morey: "Would you trade me Dwight for Martin and all the New York unguaranteed contracts?"

Mr. Hennigan: "Mr. Morey, what kind of General manager do you think I am?!"

Morey: "Sir, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

― Winston Churchill

4. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Forget Chandler and forget the rookies. At least 2 of them. Not a deal I'd make.

If that's the best then let the kids play!

5. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Question --

We can up the Lin/Asik's offers can't we?

6. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Better sign OJ if true

7. Possum

Possum Member

This report said nothing about future draft choices.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

QUOTED FOR TRUTH.

Though I did enjoy thumbs comparing this to a prostate exam administered by Otis Thorpe. Bonus points for Rockets history reference. :grin:

9. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>ESPN says Big Baby Davis could be in HOU-ORL trade for Dwight Howard. <a href="http://t.co/iCw1Dykj" title="http://es.pn/NRqb4o">es.pn/NRqb4o</a></p>&mdash; Brian K. Schmitz (@MagicInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicInsider/status/223762034607652865" data-datetime="2012-07-13T12:53:21+00:00">July 13, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>No wonder Magic spurned Nets' deal for DHoward: Rockets are offering Herschel Walker deal: Picks, salary-cap clearance sale.</p>&mdash; Brian K. Schmitz (@MagicInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicInsider/status/223762536372256768" data-datetime="2012-07-13T12:55:20+00:00">July 13, 2012</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rockets clearly want to flip Dwight Howard for Andrew Bynum or ....Brook Lopez? Hakeem, Yao, Dwight, uh, B-Lo? Say it ain't so.</p>&mdash; Brian K. Schmitz (@MagicInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/MagicInsider/status/223763130931617792" data-datetime="2012-07-13T12:57:42+00:00">July 13, 2012</a></blockquote>

10. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Muck Forey.

11. HipHopSince1981

I have more faith in the insider from the Chinese forum then anything ESPN puts out. *patiently waits for Woj tweet*

12. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Right, because Chandler Parsons is going to be the major difference between us being contenders or not.

God, what a bunch of naive babies this forum is. Of course if the deal is like this, I'll be upset. But it won't be like this. It's just ESPN who doesn't pay attention to teams like us anyways suggesting what is possible.

Seriously, forum, grow the **** up.

13. eman

eman Contributing Member

This will be DHo's 9th NBA season, and he'll be coming off back surgery. 5-10 years from now will be his 14th-19th NBA campaigns, if he's still playing; Parson's 6th-11th seasons; probably the soonest we'll be in contention. So yes, absolutely yes, I believe Parsons will be a more valuable player than DHo 5-10 years from now. That's all moot, though. If DHo comes here, it'll be for one season only. Morey needs to take a breath and summon some patience.

14. Coreyls18

Coreyls18 Member

may have to become a magic fan after this ****ty trade if that were to happen.

15. KingHRockets

KingHRockets Member

i think ill wait for this trade to actually occur before i pick up my pitchfork...:eek:

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It was reported about a week ago that Houston's deal was going to revolve on Orlando picking THREE of the following-

Patterson, Parsons, Motiejunas(now cannot be traded), Lamb, White, Jones

+

Expiring Contract of Martin

+

Multiple picks - Toronto pick, Dallas pick, + maybe one future Rockets first rounder

+ Taking on bad contracts from Orlando

- So dont freak out yet. YES, all of those players are available, but it was reported that they were only going to be able to pull a few of those players out. In order to make salaries match, the Rockets have the contracts of Harrellson, Jordan, Leuer, Livingston, Brockman, Simpson, Smith, Fortson, + rights to a couple international players to make up salary fillers needed.

However, YES, they are all on the table, but wait to see what the final deal looks like. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a third team the Rockets are able to bring in as well.

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I was never for tanking, only for Dwight with an extension, but damn that would be a huge cost to pay if true.

I think I would have rather kept Scola and let the kids play andbuilt the team that way.

18. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Member

Psssh ya right 0% i see that happening Lopez being a Rocket

19. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I wish we would just stay away from Howard. I don't want anything to do with this trade. I'm much more excited about seeing DMo, Parsons, Jones, Lamb, and White grow together. Please Morey - just walk away.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

SC showed the graphic of what the Rockets can offer(same stuff in the OP), not that that is necessarily the offer.

Marc Stein: Chances this goes through?

At this point, Rockets are in the box seat. Rockets made it known to everyone that they don't care about Howard's stance. They'll do whatever it takes to get him to Houston. Once he gets here, once they can bring Hakeem in to whisper in his ear, they believe they can sway him. Whether they can or can't, they'll do whatever they can to make this trade. You have to put them at the top of this list.

Timeline?

Gonna take at least a few days to play out. Rockets committed offers at the beginning of FA to Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik. They will sign Lin today. Knicks have 3 days to match. If Knicks match quick, they'll sign Asik. If they take the full 3 days, Rockets will have to wait 3 days, then go through same process with Asik and only then will they really be able to complete the trade with the Magic.