1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets involved in trade talk for Dwight Howard or Andrew Bynum

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sweetbobl, Jul 10, 2012.

?

Who do you want on the rockets more?

1. Andrew Bynum

605 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. Dwight Howard

412 vote(s)
    40.5%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    After spending most of Tuesday negotiating with Rockets and Lakers, Orlando has re-engaged Brooklyn today, league sources tell Y! Sports.

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>After spending most of Tuesday negotiating with Rockets and Lakers, Orlando has re-engaged Brooklyn today, league sources tell Y! Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/223098974440136705" data-datetime="2012-07-11T16:58:35+00:00">July 11, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. HipHopSince1981

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    After spending most of Tuesday negotiating with Rockets and Lakers, Orlando has re-engaged Brooklyn today, league sources tell Y! Sports.

nooooooooooooooooo

4. mic

mic Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>After spending most of Tuesday negotiating with Rockets and Lakers, Orlando has re-engaged Brooklyn today, league sources tell Y! Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/223098974440136705" data-datetime="2012-07-11T16:58:35+00:00">July 11, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jesus ****ing Christ. At this point, I hope Magic get stuck with Dwight and get nothing for him.

5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

That doesn't so much say "I won't go to Houston" as it says "Brooklyn's the prime destination I want to go to." And everyone knows that.
    But since Dwight won't be able to go to Brooklyn if we grab him, then where does he go? I think then there is a real possibility he stays in Houston under those circumstances.

6. bad_jason

bad_jason Member

7. Rudy

Rudy Member

Looking for a source?

Is NBA.com's David Aldridge's sources not good enough?

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/...s-in-houston-if-traded-there/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

What else are you looking for?

8. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

I just want this day to be over

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Or triple towers with Donuts in the mix? :p

BTW, I love the nickname Donuts because it is center-less. :grin:

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Ridiculous. He's going to end up with the Nets for nothing but garbage.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Pick up the phone Hennigan!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

They found out what they can get from LA-HOU, and now they're taking those offers back to negotiate with BRK. Standard practice, but very annoying. Brooklyn won't be able to come to close to what LA-HOU is offering, but they have to do their due diligence.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Back and forth, back and forth. :rolleyes:

Nets offer hasn't changed since...Otis Smith was back in office and way back at the beginning of the season. Lopez and trash. What more is there to get from NJ? Trying to get more late round picks?

14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7008201&postcount=764

1 person likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No need to panic.

ORL giving Nets chance to beat the Bad we'd take back.

Not worried because BK will baulk.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Come on morey get Bynum

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Maybe Orlando is doing this so that Ric Bucher would die from an orgasmically-induced heart attack. Then once he's gone, the Magic will trade Dwight to Houston. Gotta love that Hennigan! :)

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Well, to be fair, as near as I can tell from reading your posts, the Rockets can never do right by you so of course you would read that in the worst possible way...

but

All he says there is that he will explore free agency if he cant go to the Nets.
    One of the options in free agency is to reup with your current team, he never says he would not do that.

I never argued that he did not want to go to the Nets.
    Im arguing that he has never publicly stated that he would never resign with anyone but the Nets, which is what so many here believe.

but the fact is, it would be damn near impossible for the Nets to sign him outright next year with the cap situation they have right now, and I find it equally unlikely Howard passes on the additional millions to be paid by his existing team.

It just doesnt pass the logic test.

1 person likes this.
  19. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

Heard Charlotte had interest in B Lopez for the max. Hope they give him an offer sign, which ends NJ chances and will lower ORL demands since NJ is out of the picture. Howard would be great, but I will be happy with Bynum as well.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Man, this is such a great thread. jopatmc and Rockets2K owning fools left and right!!