1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raptors acquire Kyle Lowry for first round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThaShark316_28, Jul 5, 2012.

1. albuster

albuster Member

I would be afraid to let Morey drive this shiny brand new WW II Sherman Tank. Where are Gen. Patton and Field Marshall Rommel when you need them? LOL.

2. eaglepoke56

eaglepoke56 Member

OK, as a lifelong Rocket fan[ Back to the Big E], if I'm expected to bite the bullet on a 15-20 win season two things had better happen:

1-legitimate development of the young talent and
    2- picking up a difference maker in the draft [at least a Stevie F. talent]

I fear we are becoming the Wizards, who are no closer to anything with Wall than they were before.

And to those advocating getting rid of Martin and Scola, where exactly are the points going to come from without them??How many 98-73 losses do you wish to see next year?

3. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets aren't tanking. It's not my fault you can't tell the difference.

1 person likes this.
  4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Is it true the 2013 draft is big on "bigs"? Saw this on the Hornets board:

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Can someone please tell me the conditions of the pick please

6. zhen_hui88

zhen_hui88 Member

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

So true.

Ironic that Lin gets cut to leave room for Lowry, Goran and Flynn less than a year ago Now we lose those 3 and make a futile attempt at bringing Lin back.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So when did the Raptor sign Carmelo Anthony?

9. IA Rocket

IA Rocket Contributing Member

Move along people, nothing to see here. Morey knows exactly what he's doing.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. anchel

anchel Member

To explain pick protection, Rockets get pick next yr if between 4 and 14. If not, then if 3 to 14 next two yrs; 2 to 14 two yrs after that.

Again, I don't remember being this dissapointed with any Morey's move. He makes very good trades as standard, sometimes have been with a risk component, but always very much understandable. But this time... ¿? this kind of pick seems meager for me. Raptors fans obviously jumping of joy.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Living in the mid-Atlantic, I had the dubious honor of watching a lot of Knicks games last year. Yes it was painful. But anyone who followed the Knicks last year knows that mellow was not the reason they weren't a lotto team. It was Guys like Fields, Novack (ironically), and Linsanity (even more ironically). Mello was very subpar and inconsistant.

My point is that prognostications about a teams success or failure often turn out to be untrue, especially when a team has talent. Denver's a pretty good example.

I don't think we got enough for Lowry. We can agree to disagree. But I think that's probably the consensus among folks who watch a lot of NBA.

12. nene

nene Contributing Member

No Funny!! Not Funny at all!!

Not Funny!! Not Funny at all!!

13. Margrave

Margrave Member

Oh man how accurate is that.

14. junk151

junk151 Member

Can you imagine if the Raptors end up with the 14th pick? :p

15. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

26 year old potential all-star reaching his prime for a 4-14 lottery pick.

16. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Is it multiple picks or just one???

17. wolvdog316

wolvdog316 Member

I don't understand how it's possible we have 47 post and 25 of them are asking about a worthless draft pic, while the other remaining are saying The Nets will get Dwight. So I will try my best to break it down, as easily, and intelligently as possible.

The Nets can't get Dwight. Ok, I won't say can't. The Lakers stole Gasol from Memphis, so hell anything is possible. The Nets can't get Dwight unless Orlando is smoking some really good stuff. They don't have the assets.

Dwight can't sign with the Nets next year. They won't have the cap room. Also, because of the new CBA, he can't get a max deal SnT like Lebron got. So, we know nobody will want Joe Johnson, they aren't trading Dwill. So they have nothing to offer in a Dwight trade next year.

Which sadly, brings me to us. We have exactly what Orlando wants. Young, big upside rookies, picks, and an expiring contract.

For the record, I don't want Dwight. What it will take to get him will be mind boggling r****ded. Minimum 2 1st, Martin, Parsons and probably White. I wouldn't do that trade. Not because I would be afraid he wouldn't resign, cause he would....but because what's the point of having an top 5 player, if we surround him with trash. Didn't we learn from the Tmac/Yao era?

But I won't like I'm 90% sure we are going to trade for Howard. It makes sense in the regard of how we have handled business the last few days. Losing out on Dragic for what? 2 million a 4th year? Offering Lin a BEYOND decent deal that has NYK sending us thank you cards for the next decade. Then Jameer resigns and we ship Kyle off for a 1st.

It's up to the GM of Orlando now. As a fan of the Rockets, I pray he owes another franchise a favor and overlooks our offer. As a realist, I'm afraid that nobody is dumb enough to turn down what Morey is fixing to offer him.

1 person likes this.
  18. ezewins

ezewins Member

Lol at least we shipped him to one of the worst places to play at!

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Sorry I responded to wrong post.

20. Raven

Raven Member

You forgot to mention LA. If Dwight realizes he's about to be traded to Houston, I think he'll promise the Lakers anything just to avoid coming here.